Sr Product Manager Technical - Sponsored Brands
- New York, NY
Interested in helping build the next generation of advertising products for brands at one of the most innovative companies in the world? Come join the Self Service Performance Advertising (SSPA) Sponsored Brands (SB) team at Amazon, and help us build the future of advertising. Amazon is investing in technology to unleash superior funnel insights and tools with the purpose of driving return on investment for brand advertisers, while at the same time powering a better shopping experience for retail customers. We are doing this with innovative advertising experiences, all backed by Amazon's scale, innovation and customer obsession.
This is an opportunity to come in at a defining moment for what is becoming a core part of the overall Amazon business strategy. Online advertising includes the highest levels of challenge on the technical side, with high transactional loads, big data, ML modeling, cross-stack architectures and API and UX design, combined with a growing marketplace of supply and demand. It is a very high stakes, competitive industry, which attracts the highest level of research and engineering investments. Amazon is just getting started, and there is a lot of opportunity for senior talent to come in and significantly shape the future of the online advertising industry.
We are looking for an outstanding Senior Product Manager - Technical that has experience managing large-scale global products and a track record of delivering successful B2B products and features in online advertising. The candidate must be able to understand well how Amazon can provide the most value to our brands and retail customers, translate customer input and feedback with our research and strategy to produce prioritized roadmaps, drive alignment with the immediate teams and the larger organization around it, assure timely delivery and drive adoption. The candidate will need to be an analytic thinker, strong communicator and have a history of delivering results. This person will have solved complicated problems with elegant, simple solutions. The candidate must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytic talent, delivery focus and leadership are essential for success in this role.
As a member of the Sponsored Brand Ads team you will be both influential in building this new business and have visibility across a wide range of other product, engineering and business programs impacting all channels within Amazon.
• Gather input and feedback from brand advertisers, retail customers, and internal stakeholders.
• Understand and contribute to the overall business strategy and priorities.
• Write Working Backwards, Business Requirements and API/UI workflow documents.
• Own and prioritize the backlog and roadmap for specific advertiser targeting, recommendations and reporting features.
• Work with engineering teams across groups, unblocking them as needed, and ensuring timely & quality delivery.
• Work with the business team on the Go-To-Market, including launch and driving adoption.
• Perform all of the above with a data-driven perspective, from the data that support and validate the roadmap to the metrics to evaluate successful adoption and performance.
• 2+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
• 5+ years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• 2+ years of online advertising experience
• Bachelor's Degree in engineering, math, science or other quantitative field
• Experience working closely with engineers and data scientists to deliver products on ambitious deadlines
• Experience managing full software development lifecycle for B2B products
• Experience writing and communicating product strategy, product roadmap and business requirements documents
• Ability to understand business and technical tradeoffs and make decisions with incomplete information
• Ability to align the immediate engineering and product teams and the larger organization around the roadmap
• Working knowledge of SQL and proficient in Excel
• MBA or equivalent business experience
• Experience working in a growing business area within a large corporation
• Proven record of complex and creative problem-solving
• Superior verbal and written communications skills
• Entrepreneurial spirit and desire to grow and learn in one of the most innovative companies in the world
Back to top