Sr Product Manager - Technical (PMT)
- Seattle, WA
Would you like to help customers adopt cloud at scale and help hundreds of companies retire their technical debt? We are seeking a Sr product manager Technical for the AWS Migrations Acceleration Program (MAP) that helps reduce the time, effort, cost and risk for customers as they drive business results by migrating to AWS.
As Sr PMT for the Migration Acceleration Program (MAP), you will have an exciting opportunity to build systematic approaches that can be applied across thousands of customers to define priority workloads and help them migrate and modernize to AWS on a world-wide basis. You will participate in shaping the offering and GTM approaches and capabilities that help successfully engage customers. You will be responsible for defining and building the functionalities, features and operational processes that are the backbone of the program. You will be working closely with our business development teams, solutions architecture, marketing, partners, professional services, compliance, product, sales enablement, sales operations, and other related teams to build and launch the new capabilities. You ensure critical deliverables are met.
You will have will have experience defining and delivering large scale cloud transformation programs for enterprise customers and have the technical depth and breadth to work closely with the Product, Engineering and Professional Services teams. Experience in defining and building new products, features and services will be important. You will have a proven track record of helping build and launch new features and functionalities, and will have the technical depth and breadth to engage with various cross-functional teams. You will have demonstrated experience in developing programmatic approaches for global scaling, deep understanding of enterprise IT and cloud solutions, and a bias toward action and execution.
Role & Responsibilities
• Ensure critical deliverables are achieved. Work with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure operations are running smoothly.
• Get buy-in from various cross-functional teams for various initiatives.
• Responsible for defining and building Migration Acceleration program foundations, Develop and manage program road map. Develop short and long-term features to achieve the program's vision. Bias towards execution and rapid delivery.
• Create detailed business and technical requirements for new features and program functionalities through partnership with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Partner with engineering team in developing, testing and releasing new features.
• Drive product and release launches.
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues and gaps that may impair the program's ability to accelerate customers' journey.
• Record and document the functionalities of the program.
Periodically present progress to executive leadership.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, business or related field; or equivalent work experience.
• 3+ years of Product Management experience with building and releasing new services and/or features.
• 5+ years of Program Management/Operations experience
• 2+ years of experience in cloud technologies understanding of public and hybrid cloud platforms.
• Analytical and quantitative skills; experience using hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
• Operational excellence mind-set, data driven, problem-solving skills. Adept at simplifying complexity and developing scalable propositions.
• Ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organizations and management levels
• Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams.
• Knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / virtualization / networking / compute / storage / databases technologies highly desired.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for Seattle.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top