Sr. Product Manager - Technical - Fashion
- Cape Town, South Africa
Amazon's European Fashion Customer Experience team owns defining and delivering Amazon's cutting-edge initiatives to customers and cultures across Europe. We do this by developing our own customer-facing features, services and platforms based on custom European needs, and through partnerships with Amazon technical teams around the world.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to help structure and develop Amazon's EU Fashion Tech Roadmap. Candidates need to have a strong sense of ownership, passion to provide great customer experiences and excellent troubleshooting skills even when in high-pressure situations.
The key goal for this role is to create new innovative product ideas and work on their technical implementation with the development team, to support Amazon' fashion customers. The growth of the business and the increasing selection of items make this role an exciting, interesting, and very challenging position. We need someone who is passionate about developing functionality that inspires customers, improves discoverability of items, simplifies fit of clothing, elevates the look and feel of the site, and provides an enjoyable shopping experience.
The ideal candidate for this role will be customer-obsessed with the capability to dive in and learn new technologies fast and who is comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; will be a creative and an analytical problem solver.
Expect to be in charge of new projects and initiatives, developing new products, managing business and technical requirements, driving performance, and help building plans for the future. We need someone who is eager to grow with us as we change the future of Fashion eCommerce.
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
• 5+ years experience building technical products.
• Strong business and technical vision; candidate has shaped a complex technical program before.
• Proven experience in product management of multiple initiatives with competing priorities and influencing multiple diverse stakeholders (business, tech).
• Demonstrated strong data-driven approach. Ability to pull data themselves (preferred), define data requirements/brief BIs.
• Ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences. Experience communicating with technical and non-technical senior stakeholders across multiple business units. Strong written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
• Experience in scoping/running usability studies and/or customer research
• Detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Strong problem solving, highly analytical, attention to detail and solid organizational skills
• Experience working with remote teams
• Demonstrated ability to manage Senior stakeholders from diverse functions
• MBA and/or advanced degree
• Deep experience authoring documents relating to product life cycle including product roadmap, business requirements and functional specifications
• Experience with customer development and validating products through customer feedback
• Ability to earn trust across different levels and multiple groups of a large organization
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a proven track record of shipping software quickly then iterating on the experience
• Experience communicating with customers, technical teams, and management to collect requirements and describe software product features
• Superior analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success
• Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
Back to top