Sr. Product Manager, Technical
- Palo Alto, CA
Join the team building the mobile experience for Alexa and help us create a world where Alexa is always there to help you on-the-go. Alexa Mobile Voice enables Alexa integration for all on-the-go use cases, including voice support in the Alexa mobile app, a strategic growth initiative, and extensibility to 3rd party integrations (headphones, automotive) via the Alexa Mobile Accessory platform. The Alexa Mobile team is looking for a Senior Product Manager, Technical who will help us bring that vision to life by building amazing customer experiences for mobile Alexa.
As a Senior Product Manager - Technical, you will be leading mobile assistant features for the Alexa Mobile App. You will be responsible for the strategy and vision to expand customers' understanding of Alexa from a smart speaker to the world's most powerful personal assistant on mobile. In this role, you will work closely with UX and Engineering teams as well as partner with adjacent teams to deliver experiences.
This role requires the ability to think big, dive deep with technical teams, and work across partners throughout the larger Alexa ecosystem to deliver important features for Alexa. You must have a passion for mobile assistant experiences and bring analytical rigor to the team. It is critical that you can work backwards from the customer and think through the translation of customer needs to technical solutions with the help of your engineering partners. Customers love what Alexa can already do. They are even more excited about her future potential.
A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work effectively in a matrixed organization, have experience working with geographically dispersed teams and adept at delivering simple products that customers love.
- Set the vision and strategy for mobile assistant features in the Alexa mobile app and approach for making Alexa always available, on-the-go
- Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Two years of post-MBA product management experience.
- Experience delivering mobile app solutions, enabling customers using ambient computing to create transformative experiences while on-the-go
- Experience delivering consumer software products and services in a high growth environment.
- Experience working with data science teams and using data to drive insights
- 6+ years of consumer facing software product management experience with mobile products.
- Ability to work backwards from the customer experience all the way to the technical capability.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
-Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment where continuous innovation is desired.
-Analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases. Ability to clearly communicate these data insights to others.
-General manager / owner mentality, willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary.
-Real passion for mobile apps and customer experiences.
-Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top