Sr. Product Manager - Technical
- Arlington, VA
Want to work on one of Amazon's most ambitious efforts? Time and Attendance (TAA) is leading the charge to build products that support our global workforce of passionate Amazonians! Oh, and we need to accurately track billions of hours per year to ensure those employees are paid accurately.
TAA is looking for a strong Sr. Product Manager - Tech to drive product strategy and launch best-in-class Time and Attendance systems to our customers, worldwide.
You will drive the long-term vision through development of vision documents (PRFAQs), definition of business requirements, launch and post-launch measurement. You will also serve as a key player with partner teams across the company, working to align interests and implement scalable solutions. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
The right candidate will possess a strong product management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a Sr. PM-T, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate clearly and concisely with engineers and executives.
• MBA or Master's Degree in a related field.
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
• Ability to thrive in the face of ambiguity; dynamically develop structure/frameworks to tackle problems, plot out the happy path.
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
• Entrepreneurial drive and resourcefulness; you find/create nimble solutions to challenging problems without sacrificing the long-term vision.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas.
Back to top