Sr. Product Manager, Technical
Amazon FreeTime brings together all types of content that kids and parents love including books, games, educational apps, and videos. It provides peace of mind for parents with parental controls and a world of fun for kids to choose from thousands of the most popular titles and age-appropriate content. Here's more information: http://www.amazon.com/freetime
The Amazon FreeTime team is building best-in-class software products for kids and families. We have quickly gained critical acclaim and won the prestigious KAPi award for best hardware and service at CES 2013. Working for Amazon FreeTime offers a creative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you will be at the center of Amazon innovation.
As Senior Product Manager, you will be responsible for the definition and development of the product roadmap for Amazon FreeTime. You will help shape product strategy while driving engineering and features based on this vision. We are looking for someone who is customer focused with a passion for the mobile space. Our goal is to create a revolutionary experience for parents and kids to enjoy on our family of products. Come help build the future of Amazon devices and services!
- Work closely with leadership and several cross-functional teams to develop and deliver innovative consumer software and services.
- Partner with Software Engineering, Content, Merchandising, and Business Intelligence teams to create best-in-class solutions for customers.
- Work with technical and non-technical stakeholders to understand and improve product capabilities.
- Analyze customer feedback and usage metrics to identify key pain points.
- Build innovative concepts and successfully champion them through senior management and other teams.
- Work successfully across Device and other Digital Business Units to ship new devices and add meaningful customer experience updates to Amazon FreeTime.
- Manage bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences.
- Present confidently to senior management, external clients, and other large audiences.
- Roll up sleeves as necessary to ensure projects stay on schedule and meet our high standards of quality.
- Bachelor's degree or higher with a technical discipline
- 5+ years of consumer facing product management experience
- Experience working on a software as a service product or other on-demand software
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
- Proven track record of delivering initiatives from conception through completion on time, within budget, and on or beyond scope
- Experience working with engineering teams to define, scope and prioritize product requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing executive staff
- Passion for digital media and the mobile space
- Experience working on Android, iOS or other mobile applications is a plus
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills while the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- MBA or Master's degree
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top