AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Want to help drive the payment experience for a global computing service? The Financial Experience (FinX) Team owns global customer financial experience and payments management tools for one of the world's largest commerce platforms. We are looking for a talented Sr. Product Manager - Technical to join the team in Seattle.
Our services enable customers to add payment methods and set payment preferences, generate and send financial documents to customers, collect payments, and account for revenue. We process millions of invoices and financial documents every month representing billions of dollars of IT usage and spend. Intuitive customer experiences, data accuracy, and service availability are critical to our business.
This role requires ownership, autonomy, and an ability to deliver results. You should be a self-starter with a bias towards independent problem solving and generating innovative and simple solutions to help . Clear communication and prioritization will be important as you partner with internal and external teams. Your experience managing complex technology projects will help you make strong business judgments.
The key responsibilities for this position are to:
§ Drive payment processor integrations to support AWS international expansion
§ Support AWS payments and data compliance programs
§ Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories
§ Work closely with engineering and partner teams to deliver platform improvements that accelerate payments launches
§ Work closely with stakeholder teams in Accounting, Fintech, and Amazon Consumer Payments to align on priorities and maintain momentum for projects
§ Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com
• BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• B.S. higher level of education in Computer Science ( the equivalent), professional work experience as a software engineer or related technical field.
• 5+ years of product management experience with completion of full product lifecycle (from concept through Go-To-Market)
• 5+ years of experience working cross functionally (, engineering, usability, content development)
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences at varying levels in the organization
• Experience communicating and presenting project status updates to senior management
• PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• MBA and/or Master's degree in Computer Science related discipline
• Experience in payments, banking, financial services a plus
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment
• Past success in shaping customer experiences with an focus on ease-of-use
• Demonstrated ability to independently solve ambiguous problems
• Demonstrated ability to achieve program success through influence and partnership
• Experience in product, program, and/or project management in leading cross-functional teams in delivery of major new products or services
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.