AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Are you ready to pursue some of the hardest scalability, performance, and distributed computing challenges in AWS? Our team's vision is to be the world's authoritative provider of AWS computing insight, where customers can understand, control and optimize cost and usage of AWS products. Because we sit at the nexus of all AWS services and interact directly with end-customers, we build relationships with teams across AWS to ensure that we offer a secure and reliable customer experience. We take inputs from these services and merge them with the millions of events every second to produce actionable insight to our customers via web, mobile, tablet, and APIs.
Providing a scalable platform to support AWS's expanding business is a complex architectural challenge, and accurate cost and usage information is a critical piece. Enterprise-level customers make large dollar-value decisions based on the timeliness, accuracy, and detail of the data provided by our products.
Amazon Web Services is seeking an unconventional, visionary, and driven Senior Technical Product Manager for AWS Commerce Platform. Our fast-growing team builds products and services to help customers manage the costs, compliance, and integration of their cloud applications. To accelerate their cloud adoption, customers use our products to unlock data from silos and deliver timely insights across their entire enterpriseIT, engineering, finance, procurement, risk management, and lines of businesswhether for cost optimization, compliance audits, customer engagement, or process automation.
The AWS Commerce Platform team operates the systems that meter usage, compute cost and taxes, issue invoices for AWS services, and provides cost analytics to customers. Our customers are AWS product teams who need to collect and analyze revenue for their services, and AWS customers who need to know what services they have used, how much they cost and key optimization opportunities. The AWS data platform that supports these services is growing quickly and we need a product manager who can lead cross-functional initiatives on a global scale to drive compliance.
As a Senior Technical Product Manager, you will work directly with customers across the globe to identify their unique cost optimization needs and improve the ease of understanding, flexibility and customer value of our tools that power customer facing products. Our team is looking for a smart, customer-focused, technically-savvy, and strong owner to lead the definition and delivery of the cost optimizaiton products that provide customers with key data-driven insights. You will define vision, strategy, roadmap, and package capabilities to delight customers. You will get to work in a large-scale business that most AWS Customers use, and have a big impact every day.
• Create the product vision, and strategy for internal and external customers.
• Engage with customers through a variety of channels and serve as the voice of the customer internally.
• Understand and influence the billing requirements of AWS services.
• Manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution.
• Partner with engineering teams to deliver on the product roadmap.
• Establish goals and review metrics to identify opportunities and measure the success of the product features.
• Define and maintain a product roadmap with inputs from all stakeholders.
• Provide effective written and verbal updates on the products and key projects to senior leadership and stakeholders.
• BA or BS in a technical field
• 5+ years of large-scale production experience in a leadership capacity
• A strong technical background with software engineering or technical management experience (e.g. experience as a tech director, lead programmer, or similar)
• Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on projects with developers and software dev managers
• Experience building web services and multi-tier systems
• MS in a technical field
• Experience with developing systems in an enterprise environment
• 3+ years of experience working on a product management team
• 3+ years of experience managing projects and writing technical specifications
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visithttps://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.