Sr. Product Manager, Technical (AWS Game Tech)
- Cambridge, MA
Each day our customers push the boundaries for what is possible with AWS. We built Lumberyard in support of customers wanting to create high-fidelity, engaging gaming content on the backbone of AWS's massive cloud compute capacity. Customers love Lumberyard's powerful renderer, its Script Canvas visual scripting engine, cross-platform architecture, EMotion FX animation editor, AWS & Twitch integration and so much more. But that's not all. We're increasingly seeing customers use Lumberyard tech for interesting non-gaming applications. Our teams are growing in support of innovations for both, games and non-gaming customers. The Lumberyard team is looking for a product leader to own, define and drive vision in several related areas, including cloud services, game engines, simulations, rendering and more.
Amazon Lumberyard is a free AAA game engine deeply integrated with AWS and Twitch - with full source. We are an Amazon Web Services (AWS) team obsessed with helping developers create the highest quality games & simulations, engage massive communities of fans, and connect their content to the vast compute and storage of the cloud. Our customers include indie game developers, large studios of repute building triple-A titles, and partners and other Amazon teams building non-traditional experiences. We are looking for a technical product manager who is passionate about innovating in the games, simulations or cloud services space. This role is an opportunity to join one of Amazon's newest growth areas by leading projects of strategic importance with very high visibility.
About this role
This role requires a combination of strategic thinking, business problem solving, building technology and stakeholder management. The ideal candidate will have a track record of delivering results with material business impact at scale, working through ambiguity and managing multiple stakeholders. As a product owner on this team, you will talk to customers regularly to find out what they need, but also to keep a firm pulse on where the industry is trending. You'll work with other AWS service teams to deliver integrated features that delight customers. You are technical, data driven and get into the details - performing market analyses, usability studies, and studying usage patterns to evolve existing features. You will possess excellent command over written and verbal communication to interact with executives internally and externally.
If you're excited about the opportunity to invent and build with the entire sandbox of Amazon's ecosystem, including AWS, Alexa and Twitch, we want to talk to you.
• BS/BA degree
• 5+ years of experience in product or technology management
• Strong track record of shaping business strategy and leading product teams in building online services
• Deep technical background, especially in cloud services; experience working closely with engineering teams to define the product, and make hard trade-offs between performance, features, and speed-to-market
• Ability to develop detailed, crisp business requirements, user stories that can be used to create product and API specifications and architecture for services across the organization
• Demonstrated ability to engage and influence people and teams at every level in the organization
• Analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
• MBA or Master's degree in a related field
• Experience with gaming technologies
• Deep understanding of one of the following technology domains: AWS, game engines, simulations, rendering or similar game engine components
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top