Sr. Product Manager Technical - Amazon Kids/Fire TV
- Seattle, WA
The Amazon Kids and Family team builds new products and services for children ages 3-12 and their caregivers. The team quickly gained critical acclaim and won the prestigious KAPi award for best hardware and service at CES 2013 and again in 2019. Our flagship products, Amazon Kids and Amazon Kids+, are available across Amazon Fire Tablets, FireTV, Echo devices, Kindles and 3P mobile apps. It provides peace of mind for parents with parental controls and a world of fun for kids to choose from thousands of the most popular titles and age-appropriate content. Here's more information: http://www.amazon.com/kidsplus
As Senior Product Manager-Technical, you will be responsible for the definition, development, and execution of the product roadmap for Amazon Kids experience on Fire TV, the #1 best-selling streaming media player in the U.S.
We want to create a revolutionary experience for parents and kids to enjoy on our family of products. In this role, you will solve high ambiguity problems, design new features, and address complex technical problems with a world class team. You will help shape product strategy for Amazon Kids on Fire TV while driving engineering and critical features based on this vision. You will scale the Amazon Kids experience across our suite of devices and marketplaces.
Our team offers a creative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you will be at the center of Amazon innovation. The role is inherently cross-functional: You will work closely with a high-energy team consisting of hardware and software engineering, user experience, operations, finance, device marketing, customer service, and executive leadership. This role is a good fit for someone creative, who has strong customer focus and 'product sense', combined with an established track record in consumer technology products, connected devices, and a real passion for Kids.
• Dive deep to understand and identify the key technology challenges and to define solutions.
• Manage, develop, and execute the roadmap for Amazon Kids on FireTV.
• Lead and influence business and technology stakeholders and leaders across the organization to drive key initiatives.
• Lead prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, schedule, performance and cost
• Write requirements and technical specifications that work backwards from the customer. Be an advocate for customers and work backwards from their needs.
• Understand and explain complex technical issues, discern impact, and communicate them to business partners to drive resolution.
• Identify and resolve issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and/or technical goals
• Operate with influence across a wide variety of technical, partner and commercial teams.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience handling multiple products simultaneously
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, ambiguous work environment intersecting cross functional teams across hardware, software and services.
• Strong strategic aptitude; ability to define a winning business strategy and product road map, and execute complex development cycles.
• Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in inventing innovative and user-friendly products.
• Familiarity with device software, operating systems, silicon and other foundational blocks of the stack.
• Experience driving products combining HW/SW/Services at scale
• At your best in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
• High attention to detail while excelling in ambiguous environments.
• Executive presence to influence teams and leaders at all levels.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Back to top