Sr. Product Manager Technical - Alexa
- Seattle, WA
Do you want to change the world? Alexa and Echo are shaping the future of voice recognition and cloud-based content/services. Alexa is the name of the Amazon cloud-based voice service and the brain that powers Echo, the award-winning and groundbreaking Amazon device designed around your voice. Echo connects to Alexa, to provide information, answer questions, play music, read the news, check sports scores or the weather, and more-instantly. It's hands-free, and always ready. All you have to do is ask.
To achieve this, we blend of a variety of disciplines (NLP, data mining, machine learning, big data, semantic web, graph stores, cloud computing) in an effort to understand our customers and the things they're excited about. To complement our complex algorithms and extensive data analyses, we create elevated and inspirational mobile and web features across the entire communication experience. We use artificial intelligence, data mining and usability studies to develop new features, and we test them through hundreds of R&D experiments a year. We are also incredibly intent on solving some of the most complex computing problems to be found in industry and academia, and we get to test our solutions in the real world every day.
The Alexa Experience team's Sr. Product Manager role will lead the design, development, and delivery of our systems that bring meaningful and personalized suggestions through Alexa to our customers. This role works closely with internal Alexa teams and feature owners, as well as shaping the consumer-facing experience for Alexa's interactions with customers. We leverage voice usage data to drive Alexa customer engagement and directly influence feature development efforts.
Responsibilities will span all of the following areas:
• Designing and delivering experiments that pioneer new ways to teach customers
• Developing impactful approaches to user segmentation
• Developing mechanisms that programmatically identify, target and deliver feature recommendations to Alexa customers via a variety of channels.
• Analyzing voice usage data to identify points of high potential leverage on a customer's journey with Alexa.
• Working with engineers to deploy machine learning models as services within the Alexa ecosystem
• Working with Scientists and Software Engineers to improve experimentation infrastructure for voice interactions and Alexa features
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• MBA or master's degree
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills; strong bias towards data-based decision making
• Proven ability to understand complex business problems, apply strong analytical skill and create an effective strategy
• Technical fluency; ability to understand and discuss architectural concepts, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members
• Strong communication and collaboration skills, with a proven ability to work across functions and influence senior leaders
• Demonstrated success building buy-in for an innovative and bold vision
• Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly software applications and customer-facing features
• Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; ability to respond rapidly to evolving threats and opportunities
• Demonstrated ability to translate strategic differentiators into innovative and detailed product requirements
• Proven ability to make smart features (customer experience) versus time-to-market trade-offs; experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value
• Experience managing small to medium sized teams
The successful candidate will excel in the following areas:
• Customer Insight & Innovation: Ensure that you and your team develop innovative product solutions that are grounded in a deep understanding of customer needs •
• Product Delivery: Own your team's execution of the product roadmap, including business cases, user stories, experience design and rapid delivery in an Agile environment
• Cross-Functional Partnership: Foster tight partnerships with engineering, marketing and operations
• Communication: Proactively communicate your teams' plans and accomplishments and ensure alignment with senior leadership
• Business Growth: Own delivery of product improvements that delight customers and contribute to accelerated customer engagement
• Customer-centric: using customer insights to drive product and business decisions
• Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top