Sr Product Manager, Technical
- Tokyo, Japan
Amazon's Customer Lifecycle Engagement Organization is building the next set of marketing technology to better engage with our diverse customer base. We are locking for a Sr Product Manager to grow, improve, and innovate solutions to automate and scale cross-channel marketing content. This role is inherently cross-functional: you will work closely with engineering, design, marketing, and leadership teams to bring features and products to market. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, obsess over customers, work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and be adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love.
As part of the global marketing organization, we sit at the intersection of all of Amazon's retail programs and core retail systems. Our mission is to help customers to them discover how Amazon can meet their needs and identifying developing needs of our next generation of customers. All of this requires innovation in our systems and approach.
Our team supports a vast variety of marketing businesses at Amazon, across multiple marketplaces and categories. Our work has a direct and significant impact on the user experience of Amazon customers around the globe, in addition to internal operations. We own a portfolio of customer-facing features and internal tools that are used to elevate the Amazon experience at scale.
Core Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Develop and grow marketing content automation products and services that support in-house, company-wide marketing operations
• Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
• Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
• Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
• Work closely with engineering teams to deliver products to market
• Define the success metrics for features or services and track performance. Utilize metrics to deep-dive issues and uncover business-driving trends and patterns.
• Drive product launches including working with cross-functional teams and internal stakeholders
• Reporting on our progress in regular business reviews.
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience with feature delivery and making product tradeoffs
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Analytical and able to create sound business arguments backed up by data.
• Ability to lead and influence across different organizations and align diverse teams to a common goal
• Handle multiple contending priorities in an energizing environment
• Strong verbal and written communication abilities: must effectively communicate with technical and non-technical people
• Demonstrated ability for being detail-oriented, self-motivated and driving follow-through
• Master's degree in Business, Computer Science or related field
• Experience working cross-functionally with engineering, design, product, and project management counterparts to deliver products/services
• A distinguished track record of working effectively with people across a complex organization to create and launch innovative, successful solutions
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Outstanding organizational skills and strong written/verbal communication skills.
• Familiarity with technical aspects of digital / display marketing and/or advertising
• Demonstrated ability to present strategic concepts, evaluate tradeoffs and socialize new ideas with business partners.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
Back to top