Sr. Product Manager - Technical
- Seattle, WA
At Amazon, we're working to be the most Customer-centric company on earth. One customer experience that we're looking to take to a new level is how we develop and deliver technologies to Amazonians. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of all Amazonians by ensuring that they have the tools, technologies, and products available where and when they need it, as quickly, and cost-effectively as possible. To meet this goal, Amazon is continually striving to innovate and provide best in class service through Amazon's IT organization.
Amazon IT Services is looking for a motivated and inventive thought leader with a strong background in product/program innovation to research and define technical product strategies, roadmaps, and deliver results. We need an individual that can define highly ambiguous problems spaces into simple and compelling product visions, manage complex portfolios and drive investment and successful execution. In this role, you will be at the forefront of customer interactions across the full breadth of Amazon businesses, surrounded by smart people who are passionate to set a world class customer experience and engineering excellence standard.
The key job functions of the role:
• Create strategies for Amazon technology products (internal- and external-facing customers)
• Research, define yet undefined problems and opportunities to transformationlly improve the customer experience.
• Synthesize ideas, inputs, feedback from diverse sets of strategic customer segments.
• Garner investment and funding from products and services organizations in Amazon.
• Manage cradle-to-grave lifecycles, from customer research, through strategic planning and roadmaps, to launch, product adoption and customer feedback
• Partner with UX designers and software developers to deliver products based on roadmaps
• Launch the vision, strategy, and roadmap and work with key stakeholders to deliver on that vision, e.g. partner teams, international site leaders, strategic program owners, and the IT leadership team
• Responsible for the go-to-market plan and execution, working to ensure that teams have what they need to be successful
• Develop marketing campaigns to create awareness and increase product adoption
• Define goals and monitor key performance metrics to identify opportunities and improve product performance
• Identify and research opportunities for IT to innovate on behalf of Amazonians
• Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience) required in Business, Computer Science, or related field
• 5+ yrs. engineering, product management, or relevant experience.
• 3+ yrs. of experience with IT infrastructure, software technologies and agile development
• 3+ yrs. of experience owning Product/Program Strategies and Roadmaps
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the enormous opportunity that the Amazon IT space presents, with a history of successfully managing a variety of products/programs. The candidate is a strong people leader who can prioritize well and communicate clearly and compellingly. The candidate understands how to and demonstrates success in driving a high level of focus and excellence, with sharp, talented, opinionated teams.
• Masters of Business Administration (MBA) and/or strong relevant experience
• Customer Service, Operations, and/or Business Process Optimization experience
• Software and or Hardware Asset Management, Content Management and/or Data Mgmt experience.
• Strong track record of establishing and owning product/program strategies and roadmaps
• Proven record of developing new ideas and creative solutions
• Experience with IT infrastructure, software technologies, and agile development
• Demonstrable experience making data-driven product/program decisions through experimentation and learning.
• Energetic self-starter who can navigate through amorphous environments and work independently when required
• Proven ability to influence others without authority
• Experience working cross-functionally with development, data engineers and scientists, design, and marketing teams
• Ability to balance and meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads to drive results
• Experience with machine learning and data science technologies
• Excellent speaking-listening-writing skills with attention to detail
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top