Sr. Product Manager - Technical
- Seattle, WA
Amazon is focused on protecting the health and safety of our employees while continuing to serve people who need our services more than ever. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Amazon built incremental testing capacity to make reliable, regular testing available for front-line employees. As COVID-19 vaccines continue to be distributed across the globe, regular, inexpensive, and user-friendly testing remains a key tool in helping to keep people safe and getting the economy back up and running.
As a Sr. Product Manager - Technical, you own product innovations across the testing experience and define a product vision to support an exciting roadmap. You are a self-starter who thrives on ambiguity and is comfortable wearing many hats. You create highly functional products that balance accuracy, efficiency, and safety, while also preserving each individual's privacy and dignity. Collaboration is critical to your process. Your work is informed by partners, research, metrics, and high judgement.
Candidates should have strong customer focus and business judgment, and be skilled at breaking down complex, high-level ideas into executable features and distinct phases. The ability to influence cross functionally and across the organization, at all levels, will be absolutely critical to success in this role.
• Work in a highly ambiguous and rapidly changing environment, willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch in wherever necessary
• Use partners, research, metrics, and high judgement to define strategy, write business requirements, provide technical input, and develop product roadmaps for the projects you own
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts and rationale for product decisions clearly and persuasively across different audiences including senior leadership.
• You will be responsible for the overall coordination, quality and productivity and will be the primary point of contact for world-wide stakeholders of programs that you run.
• Work closely with software engineering, design, and business stakeholders to deliver features
• Manage delivery of current products concurrently with future product planning
• Strong attention to detail and end-to-end ownership
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of product management experience
• Demonstrated ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
• Excellent problem-solving skills, self-motivated with the capacity to work under pressure and deliver high-caliber products under tight deadlines
• Experience with end-to-end product delivery, from conception through completion
• Demonstrated track record defining roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Excellent speaking-listening-writing skills, attention to details, proactive self-starter.
• Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
• Superior analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple sophisticated projects and competing priorities simultaneously
• Proven track record of delivering results in large, cross-functional initiatives
• Experience working with teams across geographies and business units
• Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly products and customer-facing features
• Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems with an extreme attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to successfully influence stakeholders at all levels
• Thrives in a high-energy, fast-paced environment where tactical and strategic initiatives are driven in parallel
• MBA preferred
Back to top