Sr. Product Manager - Technical
Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains; we are inventing the future.
We're seeking a Principal Technical Program Manager. In this role you will be responsible for scoping and delivering large projects end-to-end. Responsibilities include ownership of a delivery program, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams and outside merchants and vendors to develop optimal solutions. You will be making appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams. After technically following complexity of features and bugs, you will be able to recommend priority of issues keeping customers in focus.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
As a Principal TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a timely manner.
10+ years of Technical Product Management experience in a related industry
- 5+ years of experience leading software development projects with aggressive schedules
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- Expertise in agile software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including agile estimation and planning, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Track record for managing complex technology projects with aggressive schedules and scarce resources
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Solid foundation in service-oriented technologies to be able to understand service inter-dependencies and drive towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top