Sr. Product Manager - Tech, Kindle Content Experience
- Seattle, WA
Do you love to read? Are you equally passionate about solving complex technical problems and great customer experiences? Kindle is looking for a senior product manager to drive the strategy and vision for the technology that renders the content experience in Kindle reader devices and applications. We strive to build and enhance mechanisms to render content with the right layouts, typography and fonts for a great and coherent experience across devices. This product manager will be responsible for building innovative experiences to make reading seamless and delightful based on this strategy.
The successful candidate will have led popular "must-have" consumer apps, combining passion for amazing customer experiences with the ability to work closely with design and engineering to find creative solutions to tough challenges. She or he must be highly analytical and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and apps that customers love. Kindle is an iconic product and a thriving business adored by customers around the world but it's still "day one" in inspiring the world to read more and get more out of reading every day.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market
• Make thoughtful trade-offs among a diverse set of teams and priorities
• Defining strategic, creative, high quality product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
• Crisply and clearly framing hotly debated and high stakes decisions for senior leadership. Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners.
• Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
Bachelor's degree or higher with a technical discipline
• 5+ years of professional experience with 2+ years of consumer/enterprise facing product management experience
• Experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
• Experience coordinating product development cycles and software development schedules
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field from a top university.
• Demonstrated track record of delivering large, cross-functional, complex customer facing products
• Experience working on agile enabled teams.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where tactical and strategic initiatives are driven in parallel.
• Extreme curiosity, a bias for action, and appetite for learning and growth
• Demonstrated ability to engage and influence people and teams at every level in the organization
• Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
• Prior experience working in a software engineering discipline
• Demonstrated track record of creative problem solving; thinks big, starts small, grows fast
• Passion for reading (if you don't love reading, you probably don't want a hand in building its future).
Back to top