Do you like helping U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success?
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our AWS Cross Domain Solutions (CDS) product team, where we are currently developing several new and innovative services. We're looking for a top notch product owner to help build these services from the ground up and expand existing product lines.
We expect the candidate to be a passionate customer and category advocate within AWS, with proven capabilities and product management skill and the ability to prioritize and multi-task. The ideal candidate will be technology-minded, problem solvers, who understand how to get things done at scale and at a fast pace. If you operate by taking the initiative when no one else will, then we want to talk to you today.
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for developing products and services. You will work directly with customers of all sizes and segments iterating on your product and driving new business. A strong technical background is required, as you will be working closely with top engineers to drive design to implementation. There are no product requirements documents thrown over the wall to the development team in this business. We value product managers who want to sit with the developers and dig into the details as owners of the service where we define, develop, and ship new services and features. You will own product planning and roadmapping, feature definition, as well as P&L optimization.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We're dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
This role can be based at our offices in Herndon, VA, or at our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
• 5+ Product Management or equivalent experience in the tech industry
• Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent professional experience
• Exceptional customer focus
• The ability to persuade and influence others using verbal and written communication techniques
• Strong quantitative data analysis and critical thinking skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently to drive projects to completion
• MBA or Master's degree
• Passion for the potential of digital technology in the field of education
• Experience delivering software products and services in a high growth environment at scale
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to question assumptions, support recommendations and drive actions
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate new ideas
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret or above
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.