Sr. Product Manager, Tech - Amazon Music, New Projects
- Culver City, CA
Want to build the future of music and audio entertainment?
Imagine being part of an agile team, where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Envision working within a startup atmosphere, while being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company. Picture working on bleeding-edge consumer-facing products, where every team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Welcome to Amazon Music's New Projects team.
Our team builds new experiences for Amazon Music listeners. We help our customers discover up-and-coming creators, while also having access to their favorite music and podcasts. We build systems that are distributed around the world, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward experiences on and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa. Amazon Music products support our mission of delivering audio entertainment in new and exciting ways that listeners love.
Amazon Music's New Projects team is looking for founding team members across a variety of functions, including software engineering/development, product, marketing, , and more. Come make history, as we launch new projects for millions of listeners.
A successful candidate will be obsessed, highly analytical, have experience working on / products at , and be adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love. The ideal candidate will also be able to boil down a big for engagement into a simple set of features we can launch iteratively and experimentally, and know how to build support for their while taking input from other creative contributors.
• 2+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
• 5+ years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• MBA or master's degree
• Excellent experience intuition. You obsess about customers and can translate customer needs into crisp, detailed product requirements. You are able to develop innovative product solutions that are grounded in a deep understanding of customer needs
• Track record of achievements. You've shipped products that have moved the needle on key business & customer metrics. You have a proven ability to make smart versus time-to-market trade-offs. You have demonstrated success building buy-in for an innovative and bold vision
• Data-centric and analytical. You have experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value. You also leverage your strong analytical skills and ability to dive deep to develop a nuanced understanding of your product and customers, and to create effective strategies. You also have a demonstrated ability to make high quality high impact decisions in the absence of data and figure out how to gather data (through experiments, tests, etc.) to support your decisions
• Technical fluency. You have the ability to understand, discuss, and challenge concepts, tradeoffs, and new opportunities with technical team members
• Excellent communication skills. You are as comfortable speaking in front of the company at an all-hands meeting as you are writing a detailed six-page narrative on your products that you can defend with the highest levels of senior leadership
• Strong collaboration skills. You have a proven ability to work across functions and across marketplaces to influence senior leaders. You quickly earn the trust of people you work with. People enjoy and have fun working with you
• Strong ownership and bias for action. One of your favorite things to do as a product manager is to launch, learn and iterate. You know what matters most to customers and can simplify product requirements to deliver benefits to customers quickly. You identify opportunities and step up in various areas to turn those opportunities into realities
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top