Sr Product Manager - Tech
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Worldwide Operations is looking for an experienced Sr Product Manager - Technical to define solutions supporting Amazon's end-to-end indirect. In this role, you will work directly with customers, partners, and operational stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of existing processes and tools with an eye for identifying opportunities for improvement. You will collect and document business requirements, then develop and own the product vision and strategy to translate business needs into specific deliverables within a well-defined roadmap. Representing the voice of the customer, you will guide product definition and feature prioritization, capture and define requirements, then work directly with engineering and tech teams to deliver on the roadmap.
In this role, you will have define technical products, direct cross-functional teams, and communicate to a large number of stakeholders. You will possess robust business insight and be able to explain complex issues in easy to understand terms. You will demonstrate the ability to craft clear solution narratives and articulate intended use cases. You will thrive in an innovative and exciting environment, deal well with ambiguity, and be willing to dig in to any project or problem. You will have high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and will be constantly looking around corners to prevent flawed designs.
Key responsibilities include:
• Defining product strategic vision
• Owning the long-term roadmap
• Overseeing execution of vision
• Driving end-to-end product experience
• Owning all facets of customer engagement
• Facilitating strategic communications (e.g. decision narratives, investment proposals, status updates)
• Acting as product subject matter expert for tech teams (represent voice of customer)
• Bachelor's or higher in computer science, engineering, math, finance, economics, business, or equivalent professional experience.
• 5+ years of product management or technical experience.
• Proven experience bringing products from concept to launch.
• Creative problem-solving skills. Proven ability to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; think abstractly; learn, adapt and innovate.
• Solid oral and written communication skills. Proven ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical people.
• Good organizational and people skills, history of coordinating between multiple project stakeholders, technical program managers, and software development teams.
• Proven experience of learning by quick experimentation (and sometimes failure), and then scaling.
• Proficient knowledge of Product Management principles and best practices.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Economics or Business
• History of developing business strategy in conjunction with senior leadership
• Prior experience developing technical products or online services
• Proficient with web services, online technologies, and user interface design
• Entrepreneurial spirit with experience delivering results in fast-moving environments
• Experience with the full software development lifecycle
• Experience with training, learning, and coaching products
• Agile/Scrum certification
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top