Sr. Product Manager - Shopping Experience, Amazon Books
Join the team that launched the first-ever Amazon Books physical retail stores. We've applied Amazon's 20 years of online bookselling experience to build brick and mortar stores that integrate the benefits of offline and online book shopping. It is very much still Day One. We are looking for entrepreneurial, analytical, creative, flexible leaders to help us make Amazon Books the world's most customer-centric bookstore and a place that customers love to shop. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon, this is the place for you.
We're looking for a passionate Sr. Product Manager to build innovative products for the Amazon Books customer shopping experience. As the Product Manager, you will use a combination of outstanding analytical skills, business judgment, and strategic thinking to innovate. You will own the end-to-end customer shopping experience and are responsible for the defining and owning the roadmap. The role requires a deep understanding of customer needs and thinking big about how we can make the customer shopping experience easy and delightful. You will define how customers search, scan and discover products online and in the Amazon Books store. You will drive programs that bridge online and offline retail, delivering exceptional customer experiences that increase engagement and conversion.
You have a track record of exceptional performance and love working in a dynamic, ambiguous, fast-paced environment in which managing multiple projects and priorities is the norm. You dive deep and like the complexity of systems but drive simple, innovative solutions for customer-facing experiences. You have excellent judgment and high standards. You are an articulate, persuasive communicator and a good writer. People trust and respect you and they like to work with you. You are eager to be a founder on a new Amazon team in start-up mode.
- Think big about the needs of our customer and internal users. Drive innovative, smart products from end-to-end that will delight the customer and improve our business
- With input from business stakeholders, develop business and product requirements, prioritize needs, and manage milestones and overall roadmap. Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Develop detailed product and UI requirements for large-scale and complicated features and products to drive simple, intuitive workflows for customers
- Working closely with technical teams to understand root causes of customer pain points and drive the right solutions to exceed customer expectations
- Resolving customer impacting issues with technology teams. Work closely with software development teams and partner organizations to lead product feature launches
- Manage complexity and resources by systematically prioritizing multiple streams of work
- Continuously test and learn, leveraging data to drive decision-making
- 3+ years in product or program management in a consumer-facing or technology role
- Experience owning and driving end-to-end product requirements across multiple technology teams. Able to prioritize complex deliverables, have highly technical discussions, and run large meetings with technical and business leaders
- Demonstrated analytical skills; business trend analysis and forecasting
- Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; demonstrated track record of creative problem solving; thinks big, starts small, grows fast
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are a requirement
- Experience with mobile product management or product management of software-based experiences
- Experience with online retail shopping or physical retail
- Can deliver results in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Loves books
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top