Sr. Product Manager
Are you passionate about the Internet-of-Things? Are you customer-obsessed and interested in inventing new experiences for Alexa? If so, the Alexa team is looking for an enthusiastic, organized, detail-oriented Sr. Product Manager to help build the platform for accelerating the building of new IoT experiences on Alexa. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains; we are inventing the future.
A successful candidate will have strong passion for developers and experience in designing platform strategies. The ideal candidate will have a background in software development and product management. You must be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that developers and customers love.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will define and execute a product roadmap for a new feature that adds great value to Alexa's customers. You will participate in developing the strategy and customer experience and you will own the product roadmap and feature prioritization. This role is inherently cross-functional and requires high-judgment. You will work closely with software and hardware engineering, design, stakeholder and leadership teams to bring features to customers. A successful candidate will be both highly analytical and highly creative, be able to work extremely effectively in a matrixed organization, and be adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and user experiences into high quality, simple products and features that customers love.
- Write product/marketing requirements documents and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to the business, design and development teams.
- Contribute to the overall product roadmap, and manage prioritization and tradeoffs against developer experience, customer experience, and time to market.
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners.
- Establish business processes and policies as well as metrics and indicators for success.
- Measure and analyze existing products and business models for opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to developers and customers.
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Develop, report, and continually improve business performance metrics
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Is strongly oriented towards results
- Thinks big
- Bachelor's degree or higher with a technical discipline
- 10+ years of professional experience with 7+ years of consumer facing software product management experience
- Experience leading teams in product management, program management, and/or user research.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
- Experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedule.
- MBA or Master's degree
- Passion for digital media and the intersection between new hardware and software
- Experience delivering consumer software products and services in a high growth environment
- Success in the development of targeted special offers, customer segmentation, and unique product, pricing, & promotional offers that drive the business.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top