Sr. Product Manager, Direct Fulfillment, Vendor Performance & Growth
- Seattle, WA
Imagine if you could get a new shirt from Amazon faster than you could get a pizza delivered. Or maybe a TV, or something even bigger - have you ever wondered what it would take to make that happen? At Amazon Global Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT), our innovations get customers the products they want, at the right price, faster than anyone else. We build the technology that makes the magic of Amazon happen for hundreds of millions of customers around the world. Watch this video to learn more about our organization, SCOT: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
The Amazon SCOT organization is expanding our Direct Fulfillment team, and we are looking for a Sr. Product Manager to develop strategy, build features and drive business growth. Direct Fulfillment (dropship) allows Amazon to fulfill customer orders directly from our vendors' warehouses, and is one of the fastest growing supply channels at Amazon. This channel helps expand Amazon's selection (including in heavy/bulky and perishable categories) and expands our options for delivering any item to our customers faster, at lower cost, and more sustainably.
This role is responsible for defining a vision, creating long-term strategy, and designing and building features directly impacting the customer and vendor experiences. You will focus on initiatives to make faster delivery promises to our customers, while continuing to hold the bar high for on-time delivery. You will design and work with Engineering colleagues to build 1) solutions to improve our accuracy in determining how much time to allow for picking, packing and shipping at vendor warehouses and for transit and handling time with carriers and 2) features that enable Amazon to reduce time and cost to deliver by influencing how shipments are assigned to direct fulfillment nodes. Your goals are focused on metrics including "click to promise," "click to deliver," and unit cost. Direct Fulfillment enables a growing segment of Amazon's business; the features you launch will have a significant impact on the customer experience by enabling faster, more reliable promises as we expand selection for our customers.
The successful candidate will have a combination of customer and vendor/business partner focus, the ability to understand and work with technical supply chain systems and the ability to understand business drivers and help grow our business. You will be working with engineers and user experience designers to create product specifications to deliver new features and improved experiences to our vendors and customers. At the same time, you will be diving deep to understand how DF works, and make recommendations on how to improve and grow the overall business. You engage with global stakeholders and develop products and features that can be scaled and adapted to deliver worldwide impact. Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• Bachelor's degree
• 5+ years of product development experience with demonstrated ability to launch product features
• Experience working directly with technical teams in an agile software development environment
• Demonstrated ability to engage and influence senior executives
• Ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences and influence outside technical teams
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
• Strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to influence through writing
• Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and across time zones
• MBA preferred
• 5+ years of product development experience in supply chain, transportation logistics and/or ecommerce operations
• Strong product management skills: proven track record of launching complicated product features by collaborating with cross-functional teams
• Strong business acumen - experience working with P&L data to drive growth, other experience in financial planning and analysis and/or business intelligence and data science
• Strong analytics and SQL experience
• Extreme curiosity and appetite for learning and growth
Back to top