Sr. Product Manager
At Amazon, we're working to be the most Customer-centric company on earth. One customer experience that we're constantly looking to take to a new level is how we fulfill and deliver their orders. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of all our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small are delivered where and when they need them, as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, Amazon is continually striving to innovate and provide best in class service levels through the introduction of pioneering new products and services in the last mile delivery space.
We recently announced Amazon Flex, a mobile application that enables individuals to be their own boss delivering Amazon packages. The Amazon Flex App allows the delivery partner to onboard, schedule delivery times in advance or on demand, guide them through their deliveries with in-app mapping and navigation, and more. You can find out more about Amazon Flex, our newest delivery innovation, at flex.amazon.com.
The Senior Product Manager will own experiences and programs that ensure delivery partners meet customer delivery expectations. In order to be successful in this position, you need to be comfortable driving business decisions in a high pressure and often ambiguous work environment, and interfacing and driving various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer-focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. The leader will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Works with stakeholders to evaluate and drive business decisions in an ambiguous environment, including legal, PR, and operations partners.
- Monitors key quality metrics, and defines and implements initiatives to drive improvements.
- Plans, directs, supervises and controls the execution of all business, technical, and administrative functions of the assigned program, project or sub-task.
- Comfortable in different roles, sometimes supporting, sometimes leading and has the ability to "roll up their sleeves" and jump in if needed, along with managing.
- Is capable of taking accountability while providing status, asking for help and immediately escalating issues and problems as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Technology or related fields.
- 5+ years of progressive responsibility in consulting, risk management, program management, retail, transportation, operations or a related field
- Demonstrated skill at building relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous, deadline-oriented work environment
- Demonstrable problem-solving, and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a business environment
- Proven track record of complex and creative problem solving and the desire to create and build new processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical aptitude and familiarity with the design and utilization of complex systems
- Operations Management/Fulfillment Center experience
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top