Sr Product Manager, Customer Lifecycle Marketing Kindle Content
Amazon strives to be the world's most customer-centric company, where customers can research and make informed buying decisions for a physical good or for a digital product. We set audacious goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them.
Kindle is an iconic product and a thriving business adored by customers around the world – but it's still "day one" in inspiring the world to read more and get more out of reading every day, across all their devices. We are looking for a Senior Manager of Product Management for Kindle who can strategically unlock the next stages of our growth and continue to delight more and more customers around the world. You will lead a team of Engineers, Product Designers and Marketers to design and implement machine learning-based solutions to engage customers through their lifecycle with Kindle. You will drive the strategy and vision for your functional area, and oversee the development and management of a product roadmap based on that strategy and vision, and you will be accountable for the campaigns and communications delivered weekly to customers around the world.
The successful candidate will have led popular "must-have" consumer apps across platforms, combining creativity and passion for amazing customer experiences with a growth hacker mindset approach. She or he must be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products that customers love.
- Inspire customers by consistently raising the bar on the relevance and timeliness of customer communications across vehicles and lifecycle stages.
- Set the vision for new customer engagement experiences across all the ways that we engage our customer with marketing messages, in partnership with our UX and engineering teams.
- Define the feature sets, business requirements, measures of success
- Drive and deliver these experiences to market roadmap.
- Manage the execution of weekly personalized customer lifecycle campaigns.
- Learn from customer feedback, behavioral measurements, and other data sources to craft better experiences and ensure we are building the right features over time.
- Make decisions around build versus buy to optimize around time-to-market.
- Create buy-in for your functional area vision both internally and with key external partners.
- Hire and manage a small team of world-class product managers, providing guidance and direction to achieve the product vision.
- Provide mentorship and best practices to the broader Product Management organization.
- Bachelor's degree from a top university, or appropriate work experience on well-loved technology products.
- 5+ years post-MBA, or 7+ years of work experience performing relevant product management job functions in marketing or consumer-facing products.
- Experience managing consumer-oriented tech product development
- Experience relying on analytics and data to shape product decisions and empower tracking the effectiveness of change.
- Experience working with a cross-functional team across design, marketing, and engineering team to meet aggressive goals.
- MBA from top business school and a BS in Computer Science or related technical field from a top engineering school.
- Marketing or product lifecycle management experience
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Demonstrated ability to hire and lead high performance teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- Analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases. Ability to clearly communicate these data insights to others.
- Concrete experience managing complex digital products (end customer facing) applications through multiple lifecycles.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality.
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape.
- Passion for reading (if you don't love reading, you probably don't want a hand in building its future).
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top