Sr. Product Manager, Customer Experience – Marketplace Recruiting and Development
Amazon Marketplace team is looking for a big-thinking and customer-obsessed leader to be the Senior Product Manager to develop and execute a Customer facing product strategy with a focus on improving the shopping experience when buying from small businesses selling on Amazon.
The Amazon Marketplace is a global e-commerce website with tailored solutions for 3rd party Sellers of all sizes. We build products to empower the growth of entrepreneurs selling on Amazon. In 2016 Sellers on Amazon that reached $100K in sales grew by 30 percent. We want to accelerate the growth of small businesses on Amazon and you will be responsible for developing and executing the strategy to do so.
We are looking for motivated self-starters who can work in a fast paced, data-driven environment. The successful candidate will be an analytical problem solver, have an extremely high level of customer focus and a passion driving improvements to the Seller and Customer Experience. This role is responsible for building products and services for Customers to improve both the Customer and Seller Experience, working in close partnership and collaboration with other Marketplace businesses and Amazon services teams.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding business acumen and judgment, intense curiosity, excellent analytical abilities, strong technical skills, superior written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to influence cross-functional teams. He/she will have a strong bias toward data driven decision making. He/she will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and juggling multiple projects, able to think big and be creative (while paying careful attention to detail), and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
As Senior Product Manager, you will be responsible for the business' success including defining and executing against the product roadmap. Our team is inventing new and exciting technology for Sellers, and you'll own a big part of this. You will work side by side with a talented team of product managers and software developers in an agile environment launching new features and functions. You'll perform analytics on the Customer and Seller experience, defining success criteria, and measuring the impact of your innovations.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 years of product management or similar experience
- Demonstrated business judgment as well as ability to think creatively, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize
- An exceptionally well-organized approach to your work. An ability to understand what's important, what's urgent, where dependencies exist, and how to tangibly move projects forward in a large organization
- Strong oral and written communication skills, a bias for action and a proven ability to influence others in and across teams and organizations
- A proven track record of delivering initiatives from conception through completion on time, within budget and on or beyond scope
- Experience working with engineering teams to define, scope and prioritize product requirements
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects and competing priorities in an ever changing environment
- Proven track record of delivering results in large, cross-functional initiatives
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success
- Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems independently with an extreme attention to detail
- Strong strategic aptitude; proven ability to define a winning business strategy and product roadmap and gain buy-in from stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to successfully influence stakeholders without formal authority, leading cross functional teams across geographies and business units
- Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly products and customer-facing features, in particular for the mobile context
- Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members
- Strong bias for action; ability to create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong written and verbal communication and persuasion skills
- Experience operating in a global environment
- SQL proficiency
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top