Sr. Product Manager, Contact Routing Technologies
- Seattle, WA
In this role You will -
a) Help imagine / reimagine / build tech products that enables Amazon Selling Partner support organization route incoming contacts efficiently.
b) be using cutting edge technology to build futuristic solutions that scale for a very large user base and exponentially growing interaction volume .
c) be interacting (frequently) with Amazonians at all levels-
- Executive leadership e.g Business leaders/VPs, Distinguished Engineers and Sr. Principals
- Associates and Operations Managers who will use the solutions you build.
d) Drive mechanisms / program execution details that ensures stated goals are met towards successful product launches / transformations / change management.
e) Be on top of information flow and ensure structured updates and reporting on progress with staunch belief in high quality communication.
What's the Landscape-
Selling Partner support organization is undertaking two large scale tech initiatives to leapfrog contact routing platform eco system.
The first initiative is about routing incoming contacts for first-call-resolution reducing need to transfer contacts inside our contact center network and reduce handle time keeping high quality bar intact. The way it's envisaged today is to utilize existing customer intent prediction Machine Learning (ML) model to granularly identify customer issue and build a new ML model that would identify a set of associates ranked based on their skills and past performance for the type of issue at hand. A match would be made between the incoming contact and an associate based on availability to best solve this customer issue.
The second initiative is more of a technology imperative. Amazon has been relying on a legacy platform for contact routing historically. Amazon AWS has come up with state-of-the-art market leading product called 'Amazon Connect' in this space. Selling partner support business intend to leverage this new platform in due course. The new platform is simplified yet very rich in its features and schema. Since the current and future state are diverse due to the nature of product evolution as well as complexity of integrations with other products and solutions in the eco system, the space need complete reimagination that includes associate / contact schema rearrangement and new groping design, newer SOPs, Newer integrations and decision support system dashboards and more.
What we want in a leader-
So, we are re-imagining this space and trading on a transformation journey that would need a results oriented Technical Product Leader who can help us get there. You are strongly entrepreneurial and have the smarts to know where the Tech industry is headed, what stakeholders and users need today and will want in the future. You are independent in understanding the current landscape and boil that down to strategic and tactical priorities. You know how Amazon works and can deliver results in an ambiguous space. With each new product module launch, you will add more cohesion and personalization to the ecosystem of products, processes and resources.
At amazon, we are driven by a bunch of leadership principles that we live and breathe every day in our lives. All leaders are expected to understand, should be able to articulate and practice these leadership principles and use them in everyday decision making.
As a product management professional with strong execution leaning, you are expected to understand and practice project management principles in general and Amazon project management practices in particular. Use of tools, devising mechanisms and automations to simplify work streams should be one your major treats. In Amazon, a successful leader in this space is required to deal with high degree of ambiguity upstream. At the sometime, you should strive to bring in high degree of clarity with deep granularity downstream. 'Learn and be curious' is a very important leadership principle. You are expected to have necessary mindshare and ability to learn newer technology and business space that you do not consider as your home turf but can convert them to one with relative ease.
While driving the specific programs, you may encounter deficiencies such as lack of documentations (or related artifacts) to quickly make decisions due to historical reasons. You will be required to establish and drive initiatives that would not only make you and others directly involved in the domain have access to live encyclopedia grade knowledge base, but make it available for larger community.
What will the day to day look like-
• Own the product vision and strategy (PRFAQs), translate the vision to the dev teams, through a well-defined roadmap.
• Decide and deliver clear requirements that Engineers / technicians / administrators will use to bring your vision to life.
• Drive E2E product life-cycle, including the long term and short-term release plans.
• Manage feature and performance trade-offs for speed to market, promoting data-driven decision making.
• Problem solve and address barriers through collaboration with stakeholders.
• Provide product life cycle progress updates via half page weekly flash, 2 pager MBRs and 6 Pager QBRs.
• Define and monitor success metrics that measure the success of your space, enabled by the products you build.
• Work with and mentor other tech and ops team members.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
4+ years of relevant work experience in product management leadership or related function.
• 4+ years of Product Management experience in technology organizations. (2+ years in case of MBA hires)
• Experience working at a tech company focused on customer experience / Contact Management space.
• Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly products and customer-facing features.
• Demonstrated skills in developing product roadmaps and functional specifications, launching new products, conducting customer research, and informing user testing.
• Experience owning product development / Integrations / deployment and working cross-functionally with UX design and software development teams to manage the day to day.
• Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple high-complexity projects.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully influence stakeholders without formal authority, leading cross functional teams across geographies and business units.
• Demonstrated track record of strong written and verbal communication to gain buy-in for product vision and crisply communicate product status updates.
Back to top