Sr Product Manager, Books
- Tokyo, Japan
We are seeking an innovative, results-oriented Product Manager to join the Amazon Books team in Japan. This Product Manager will help define the Books shopping experience for Amazon.co.jp as well as on our devices and apps. The scope includes all aspects of a customer's experience that includes discovery, payments and innovative demand generating features.
From Day 1, Product Managers are given ownership of large products to think strategically and make data based decisions; and the ability to drive significant impact to the customer experience and the business.
A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Create an innovative business, product and customer experience concepts with the extended team of business managers, designers, technology managers, and cross-functional teams that will ultimately support the design (e.g. operations, customer service, etc.)
• Write product business requirements documents (which serve as a bridge from high-level business requirements to the functional specification) and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to the business, design and development teams. Requirements should be based on intimate knowledge of the product, space, current customers and non-customers.
• Work cross-functionally to manage bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences.
• Establish the product mission, goals, and supporting business metrics and indicators for success.
• Measure existing products for opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to customers.
• Identify new opportunities for Amazon to further distinguish itself in offering an end-to-end digital and physical reading experience.
• 5+ years product management experience in consumer-focused technology companies
• Bachelor's degree is required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Must be able to think creatively, deal with ambiguity, and manage changing prioritiies
• MBA from a top tier school
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
• Japanese language preferred, not required
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems
• General manager/owner mentality and an entrepreneurial drive, proven ability to influence others
• Interest in technology, and technology enabled features and services
Back to top