Sr. Product Manager
Want to build software that helps enable Amazon's global success and improve the quality of life for millions of users in the process? Want to have unrestricted access to users, work with executive leadership, and help Earth's most customer-centric company become Earth's most employee-centric company too?
Amazon's People Technology team is seeking a passionate, results-oriented, and inventive Sr. Product Manager to drive the development of a successful early stage product, while helping to define the future of how Amazon scales and supports its global workforce across all phases of the employee lifecycle. As the Sr. Product Manager, you will own the vision and strategy for your product, define the product's roadmap and strategy, and deliver clear requirements that Designers and Engineers will use to bring your vision to life. You'll help drive the day-to-day product development schedule from design through to release, own the product life-cycle, and define and monitor metrics that measure the success of the product.
Product management at Amazon is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with business teams, leaders, and dedicated user experience design and engineering teams in an agile development environment to launch new features and experiences. Other key responsibilities include monitoring the execution of the project, providing project progress to stakeholders, and ensuring appropriate levels of quality to maintain the overall integrity of the project.
- 5+ years of Product Management experience with direct product ownership.
- 3 years working at a consumer-focused software company with large numbers of users.
- Demonstrated skills in developing product roadmaps & functional specifications, launching new products, conducting customer research, and facilitating user testing.
- Experience working directly with Engineers and UX designers in an Agile development environment.
- Experience working cross-functionally with UX design and software development teams.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, and writing skills and ability to successfully interact across functions at all levels of an organization and with customers.
- Strong written and verbal communication and persuasion skills
- 4-year BA/BS required
- Quantitative background with high attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects and competing priorities in an ever-changing environment
- Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems independently with an extreme attention to detail
- Strong strategic aptitude; proven ability to define a winning business strategy and product roadmap and gain buy-in from stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to successfully influence stakeholders without formal authority, leading cross functional teams across geographies and business units
- Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly products and customer-facing features
- Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members
- Prior experience working as a software developer or UX designer
- MBA preferred
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top