Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. The Training and Certification team aims to train 100+ million learners on the AWS Cloud. We will get there by providing a world class training platform, designed and built with our customers in mind.
To achieve this goal, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. We are looking for a high-powered Senior Product Manager to join the AWS Training and Certification team.
In this role, you will drive the product strategy and roadmap for a new business initiative which will help customers, partners and users learn how to use AWS tools, services, and offerings.
This position requires high judgment and an ability to balance customer experience with financial impact; it also offers broad exposure to various business, financial, and technical teams within Amazon. You will use sound judgment to identify, analyze, and prioritize features by determining customer and business value, develop business cases, and prototyping solutions. You will be eager to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to deliver a best-in-class experience.
This position can be performed at AWS office locations in Seattle, WA, Portland, OR, and Herndon, VA.
As cloud technologies continue to transform businesses, skilled individuals are in high demand. At AWS Training and Certification (T&C), we are passionate about revolutionizing the way people advance their cloud skills and careers. We equip diverse builders of today and tomorrow with the knowledge they need to leverage the power of the AWS Cloud. Join our dynamic, fast-growing team and help us empower our customers to build cloud skills.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded employee and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 5+ Product Management or equivalent experience in the tech industry
• Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent professional experience
• Direct experience leading the development and launch of consumer software experiences
• MBA or Master's degree
• Passion for the potential of digital technology in the field of training and education
• Experience delivering innovative web/mobile solutions for consumers and businesses
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences; senior executives, external customers, and product stakeholders.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to question assumptions, support recommendations and drive actions
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate new ideas
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us