Are you excited at the prospect of keeping millions of customers' data safe? Do you want to help secure applications by offering cryptographic services at scale? Security is the #1 concern of customers moving to the cloud and the AWS Cryptography team is dedicated to providing the security features our customers need. We enable customers to confidently move sensitive workloads to the cloud where they can benefit from strong security controls that help meet internal and external compliance requirements. AWS Key Management Service and AWS CloudHSM provide encryption and key management services, while AWS Certificate Manager handles the complexity of provisioning, deploying, and managing certificates. AWS Secrets Manager allows developers to transparently manage the credentials required for their applications.
The AWS Key Management Service (KMS) is looking for a strong product manager with an interest in practical cryptography to join us in building one of the most secure services at AWS. We help AWS customers protect their sensitive data inside and outside of the cloud with easy to use, secure, and affordable encryption services. We need product management leadership to help us evaluate what additional features and services we should build to meet our customers' evolving security needs.
As a Senior Product Manager for AWS KMS you will:
- Understand our customers inside and out via regular calls, visits, customer briefings, customer advisory board and travel to conferences, summits and customer sites.
- Lead teams across AWS directly or by influence to drive the adoption of encryption, key management, and data security best practices
- Develop the KMS product strategy and vision and translate it into creative, high quality, simple features
- Make the business decisions that grow the adoption and usage of KMS and accelerate the growth of our overall security business. Set prices, target the right customers, and focus our investments in the right areas.
- Work closely with the engineering teams to design, schedule and deliver in an agile environment
- Launch new features and make sure our sales, marketing, and PR teams are telling the most compelling story
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- 3+ years of Technical Product Management experience with Internet business experience
- Proven track record of taking a product from conception & definition phase through engineering design and taking it to market
- Demonstrated writing skills at a level suitable for presentation to senior executives
- Scripting and tooling experience to work with, improve, and automate reporting systems
- Analytical background sufficient for pricing / margin / elasticity analysis
- Technical competence with distributed systems, networking, storage, and security
- 5+ years in Technical Product Management
- BS in Computer Science / Engineering / Mathematics
- Familiarity with cryptography and key management concepts and the technology used in commercial products
- Experience working with developers and security engineers to come to the best solution to problems where data confidentiality, integrity and availability are difficult to achieve together
- Provable and documented track record of taking ownership and driving actual business results (e.g. analysis of revenue or margin increases, field and consumer program management with measurable results)
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple sub-projects simultaneously in order pull together a single vision
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and ability to navigate a complex and unstructured cross-functional environment
- Strong writing examples and a history of making presentations to technical audiences
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us