Sr. Product Manager - Automated Inventory Management
- Windhof, Luxembourg
Amazon's Automated Inventory Management (AIM) team is building machines and new technology to automate the end-to-end management of billions of dollars of inventory for Amazon's worldwide Retail businesses. Our team is accountable for ensuring that all mechanisms, automatic or manual, that Amazon uses to buy and place inventory are driving the business outcomes that delight our customers while also ensuring Amazon's long-term health. Our machines automatically audit our Retail business, detecting customer-impacting inventory defects (like out of stock products), diagnosing the defect's root cause, and driving the necessary corrective action. Our role in Amazon is high-impact, high-exposure and fundamentally important to Amazon's continued success.
AIM is looking for experienced business leaders to help us drive to full automation and expand the AIM operating model to New and Emerging marketplaces. You will lead inventory management innovation and define the AIM strategy and product roadmap to drive process and system improvements to automate worldwide inventory management and identify and drive long term free cash flow opportunities. You will also be a critical agent of organizational change, guiding multiple teams and organizations from legacy manual processes and mechanisms towards a new operating paradigm in an automated world.
This is a highly visible role that requires partnering with worldwide Retail, Finance and Operations teams to impact Amazon's bottom line at scale. You must possesses superb business judgment, Retail or operations management experience, strong stakeholder management skills, have project management experience and be comfortable with driving multiple and diverse projects in complex environments.
You must have experience and capability to prepare documentation for senior executives and align your roadmap with Amazon's strategic objectives. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a necessity. Successful candidates should excel at diving into data in order to analyze root causes and implement simple, long term solutions. You will excel in setting direction, have strong analytical capabilities, the position requires an individual who can work autonomously in a demanding and often ambiguous environment, with strong attention to detail and effective prioritization.
Areas of responsibility include:
• Work with various stakeholders, to understand business drivers, goals and actionable outcomes using analytics
• Gather data and perform sophisticated analytical exercises
• Support process improvement with accurate and meaningful data
• Get involved into Dashboards development & delivery activities, with the requirement of ensuring data quality and life cycle of data
• Working with the functional business leaders to build scalable processes and metrics
• Work with data engineers to generate weekly, monthly, and quarterly operational metric reports
• Drive business decision-making based on analytical findings
• Work with data scientists to employ data mining, segmentation, and other analytical techniques to capture important trends and create relevant measurement dashboards
• Participate in strategic and tactical planning discussions
• Perform ad hoc analyses
• Cross functional team/product/program management
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or a Supply Chain discipline
• 5+ years of proven track record of taking ownership and driving business results
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• High attention to detail, comfortable with "hands-on" management of tasks, and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Experience in data analysis
• Strong ownership, bias for action, and discipline in establishing and improving processes
• Strong data analysis, problem solving and project management skills
• MBA Preferred
• Ability to work in a complex, highly cross-functional team environment chasing down and following up on dependencies, mitigating risks, and escalating when necessary
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Strong analytical skills, including ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems; Basic knowledge of SQL a plus
Back to top