Sr Product Manager, Amazon Product Catalog
- Sunnyvale, CA
Did you ever wondered what it takes to make the Earth's largest product catalog of billions of items, available all over the world, all the time?
The product catalog team is looking for a highly technical product manager who enjoys solving complex business problems that have massive global impact. You will own the key algorithms that dictate what product facts and merchandising information shows up on every Amazon detail page. This is an opportunity to have significant influence on the technical strategy and delivery of Amazon's key initiatives like expansion to new countries, new languages, new physical stores, new product lines, and so on. Your breadth of impact will range from how sellers and vendors list their products with Amazon's product catalog; to how products make it through Amazon's fulfillment centers and to how our shopping customers find and discover the products they love!
We build and operate platform solutions for exporting and organizing petabytes of Catalog data for business analytics, for training algorithms and several other critical business functions. We derive key insights to improve efficiency of the business and the platform. Familiarity with Map Reduce, Spark, Elastic Search, or other similar Big Data technologies will be a huge bonus. Thousands of teams consume our data across Amazon including Research Scientists, Machine Learning Specialists, Business Analysts, and Data Engineers. Our technical challenges involve a combination of back-end software engineering, user interface development, and data lifecycle management. The ideal candidate will draw upon critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. A proven record of driving and delivering lasting, large-scale systems is necessary. The person must also be a strong leader who can drive consensus across cross-functional business and software development team and be an excellent communicator who can articulate technical design tradeoffs.
We are looking for a candidate that is obsessed with delivering the most customer-centric experience on the planet, showing proven success in ownership, bias for action, and thinking big. This leader will need to exhibit excellent judgment, prioritizing between existing versus new customers and between features, architectural improvements, and operational excellence. We are looking for strong business owners who are comfortable sharing their vision with AWS senior leadership, but also working closely with engineering teams to dive deep into details to make ideas into reality.
As a Product Manager (Technical) with the Catalog team, you will:
• Interface with internal product/design owners to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
• Own all operational metrics and support for your team's software.
• Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver tech requirements on time and with a high-degree of precision.
• Help develop long-term development and business technology strategies.
• Interact directly with executive sponsors to define problems and deliver large-scale cross-functional projects spanning many teams.
• Own projects from inception to conclusion, formulate the product vision, define user stories, research appropriate technical solutions, coordinate delivery of high-quality solutions, and drive adoption.
• Work closely with development teams to provide guidance on architecture, design, and priorities.
• Identify, assess and mitigate risks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs balancing the business needs versus constraints.
• Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, engineering, or math.
• 5+ years of product management experience with completion of full product lifecycle (from concept through GTM)
• 5+ years of software development experience and 3+ years of project management experience
• Excellent program management, problem solving and communication skills
• Experience in interacting with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels.
• Strong problem solver with a history of delivering large software projects in a leadership role.
• Deep understanding of the architecture and value of web services technologies
• Strong technical acumen. Can dissect complicated technical problems, simplify experiences and innovate on behalf of our customers
• Both technically deep and business savvy to interface with and lead teams of all levels and disciplines within an organization, from engineers to senior leadership
• Experience collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data from disparate sources in order to drive conclusions and recommendations.
• MBA or equivalent master's degree from a top MBA program
• 7+ years of product management experience in the big data and cloud computing technology space
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Experience taking a lead role in architecture, design, and in building complex software systems.
• End-to-end experience developing and deploying machine learning based solutions.
• Background in data modelling, machine learning algorithms, real-time distributed systems or high performance software systems.
• Familiarity with Map Reduce, Spark, Elastic Search, or other similar Big Data technologies.
• Ability to navigate ambiguity and delivery incrementally to the right direction
• A deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, with experience designing software architectures for scalability, reliability and performance
• Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top