Sr. Product Manager, Amazon Business Pricing
- Herndon, VA
Snr. Product Manager - Amazon Business Pricing
Do you want to lead the future of business to business (B2B) commerce? Do you want to build and deliver delightful buying and selling experience to millions of businesses? Can you take on the challenge of scaling a business that is growing fast? If so, this is the right role for you.
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. In 2015, Amazon launched a new B2B service Amazon Business. Amazon Business is dedicated to serving the needs of business customers and we are focused on building the largest and most innovative Business-to-Business (B2B) marketplace in the world. Amazon's approach to this segment is peculiar, and unique because we are combining the Amazon marketplace dynamic with B2B procurement and selling policies to iterate and improve our current experience. We are disrupting the status quo of B2B by delivering new, efficient solutions to individual proprietors, to small-medium businesses, to global organizations (and everything in between).
We are seeking a seasoned pricing product leader who is highly analytical and motivated to help us define our pricing strategy for Amazon Business EU. As a Product Manager for Pricing of the Amazon Business team you will have a high impact opportunity to serve the business buyer. You will own defining the pricing product strategy and the roadmap for our large-scale strategic initiatives that directly impact the growth of Amazon business with substantial impact. In this is a highly visible position, you will interact with the senior management team within Amazon business and across multiple Amazon EU category businesses to create and demonstrate new value to business customers.
Some qualities that we are looking for: you are highly analytical and excited to work with concepts such as price elasticity, in close relation with the BI organization, you are an inventor and an innovator (and have already proven it); you have the intellect and horsepower to solve really complex problems (some may say impossible to solve); you operate well in an ambiguous environment; and finally, you have a burning desire to be a part of something really big.
Key Business Operations job functions are:
Specifically, you will lead the product area by owning the following responsibilities and scaling the business fast:
• Engage with Customers, Sales, Marketing, and User Research to conduct in-depth research to understand the pricing related needs of business customers, while identifying and incorporating disruptive capabilities
• Leverage Amazon's know-how and industry trends to identify the right strategy and pricing solutions
• Build and drive a multi-year pricing vision and roadmap Amazon Business Europe
• Collaborate with partner teams, technical managers and global teams across Seattle/Japan and India to move from vision to delivery, by launching a steady stream of feature improvements and new products.
• Dive Deep into customer and business data to derive actionable insights and implement mechanisms to drive business benefit from these insights.
• Leverage Amazon's know-how and industry trends to identify the right strategy and solutions that will delight the business customer buying experiences across multiple use cases and personas.
• Bachelor's degree
• 5+ years in a product/program management or operations role in a relevant industry
• Expert with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project with excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and understand constraints in both customer and Amazon terms
• Ability to establish credibility and work with key internal partners to get things done
• Highly articulate, persuasive communicator and a good writer
• Prior Pricing Experience in the different parts of the Amazon Organization preferred
• Strong problem solving, highly analytical, attention to detail and solid organizational skills
• An economics degree or prior experience with economic modelling and pricing concepts is preferred
Back to top