Sr. Product Manager
- Seattle, WA
Denied Party Screening (DPS) mission is to prevent denied parties from transacting with Amazon businesses. We build automatic mechanisms to detect and prevent prohibited transactions with the denied parties using a diverse set of algorithms and machine learning techniques. We screen over a half a billion events every day, integrate with Tier 1 systems and deal with unique scaling and TPS challenges. We are still day 1 and have an exciting road map to build ML powered detection and resolution framework to help scale Amazon for years to come.
We're looking for a proven Sr. Product Manager to lead product roadmap, innovation and enhancements for our DPS products. Our ideal candidate will have a deep product management background, experience in owning products with high impact and defining short and long-term strategy and vision. Our ideal candidate should possess strong business acumen with strategic, analytical, and critical thinking. Our ideal candidate should understand the product and software life cycle to drive teams towards business solutions. Our ideal candidate should drive strategic communications across organizations providing clarity in decisions.
Roles and responsibilities:
In this role, you will own the product management responsibilities for multiple parallel products that have a company-wide impact. You will closely work with engineering, stakeholders, and senior leadership teams to deliver features and products. You will manage delivery of current product enhancements concurrently with future product visioning and planning. As a Sr. Product Manager - Technical, you will gather functional requirements from stakeholders and partner teams, develop business strategies, prioritize product roadmaps based on impact and benefits. You will be the single threaded owner for a suite of products that will address DPS goals and value. You will actively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals. You will use data and critical thinking to drive alignment across senior leaders on your product vision. You will pay strong attention to details and end-to-end ownership. Must be able to think creatively, deal with ambiguity, and manage changing priorities.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
Qualifications desired for a Sr. Product Manager in DPS include:
• MBA or advanced degree
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or 6+ years relevant work experience
• Experience with UX design for complex workflows
• A passion for metrics/analytics to deliver on business objectives
• Proven track record for cultivating strong relationships with key internal and external partners that have resulted in high customer satisfaction
• Strong analytical skills including the ability to distill, synthesize, and draw conclusions on large amounts of data
• Demonstrated ability to own projects, think big, act quickly, and influence across all levels of an organization
• Experience working with Engineering and Technical teams to build automated solutions
• Curiosity to dig several layers deep into metrics, have an innate desire to understand key drivers and whether they are the correct or best metrics to measure / manage a business or process
• Diversified experience with entire product lifecycle
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top