Sr Product Manager
Do you want to join the team that delivers the best in class apps and skills to Amazon's customers? Do you want to build a team that is equally obsessed over customers and content developers? Then the Amazon Appstore Alexa Catalog Operations Products and Systems (COPS) org is where you want to be. We are looking for an experienced Digital Content Tech leader to lead definition and implementation of our strategy to build products and system to scale processing, publishing, and maintaining digital content consumed by Amazon's customers.
This leader will lead tech development for the Alexa COPS org in Seattle. COPS handles 3P skills certification and publishing to make them available to customers in our Skills Store and Retail Web. COPS are building new tools and systems to scale our certification efforts and to protect our customers from bad experiences with 3P skills. The tools we are building involve machine learning, solving complex and ambiguous problems in a fast paced environment.
The leader will own product roadmap, influence product strategy, and at times product evangelization as necessary to accelerate outcomes.
The successful candidate will be hands-on, passionate about building a great organization, obsessed with solving complex problems, building systems that can scale and improve quality, experienced and highly committed to creating world class platforms and tools for developers. The candidate should be able to manage a fast-paced delivery schedule and help drive product strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy in partnership with the engineering and quality assurance teams.
- Basic Qualifications :
- · Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- · 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
- · 4+ years product management experience
- · Experience with OOD and object oriented languages
- · Experience with software platforms, platform based apps, web services and APIs
- Write product requirements documents and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to the business, design and development teams.
- Contribute to the overall product roadmap, and manage prioritization and tradeoffs against developer experience, customer experience, tester experience and time to market.
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners.
- Deep hands-on technical expertise
- · Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- · Strong business and technical vision
- · Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- · A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- · Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top