Sr Product Manager
Senior Product Manager
The AI team within AWS is responsible for setting the AI strategy and delivering machine learning services across multiple segments and requirement to AWS customers. Today, the team delivers multiple services such as Rekognition, Lex, Polly, as well as ML Engines and Platform as a Service.
As a Leader within AWS, you will be part of the larger technical and product leadership community at Amazon. This community forms the backbone of the company, plays a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influences our long-term technical and business strategy, helps us hire talented team of engineers and ultimately enables us to deliver innovative new solutions rapidly.
A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, strong business acumen and judgment, ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, ability to hire and lead a team, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
In this role, you will own product management in Rekognition. You will draw from your deep and broad technical expertise to mentor engineers, complete hands-on technical work and provide leadership on complex technical issues. You will manage and be responsible for delivering some of our most strategic technical projects, deliver large scalable systems, design new software systems at the cutting edge of distributed database technology and have a significant bottom-line impact on our business and competitive position.
Amazon Rekognition is a service that makes it easy to add image analysis to your applications. With Rekognition, you can detect objects, scenes, and faces in images. You can also search and compare faces. Rekognition's API enables you to quickly add sophisticated deep learning-based visual search and image classification to your applications.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead Product Definition – Own and drive the customer working backwards strategy, tenets, long-term goals and working backwards documents (press release, FAQ) including customer and market feedback, competitive analysis and business metrics to inform direction.
- Define Product Vision – Including all aspects to future roadmap, investment, innovation and experimentation.
- Execution of Product Planning and Development – Including customer goals and business requirements for product release, ensuring implementation is aligned with product goals and requirements, and ownership of product positioning.
- Lead Product Launch – Own the GTM plan to deliver results that ensure the customer and business goals are met in operational launch plans.
- Lead Operations – Including monitoring and response to customer feedback, continuous improvement and business growth
- Lead interaction with Technical Team – Including helping the technical team make tradeoffs based on customer requirements, QA/testing of the product.
- Lead and mentor technical product managers
- Influence senior leaders across Amazon and communicate Amazon AI's vision, strategy, goals, status, and customer impact
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Minimum of 12 years of experience, 5+years of which must be in engineering management position
- Passion for technology and Machine Learning
- Strong track record of shaping business strategy for technical products or services
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills; experience in data collection, model building, testing and validation.
- Experience translating customer needs into innovative and detailed product requirements for customer-facing online and mobile products/services
- Experience working with customers, technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Exceptional attention to detail, organizational, and project management skills
- Experience working on agile development teams
- Master's degree or equivalent experience
- Understanding of fundamental concepts of machine learning
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Able to travel 20% of the time
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top