Amazon is looking for a Product Manager with a strong delivery record and proven product management experience to own and execute strategic product launches for partner teams in collaboration with stakeholders in the Softlines Catgeory Excellence team. This role requires scoping large projects, managing to project timelines, and communicating to senior management on status, risks, and process/product changes. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive presentation skills are essential. This role is located in Bangalore.
1. Product Strategy and Direction: Continually assess the needs of customers, emerging market trends and competitive opportunities in defining and evolving the product strategy in this area.
2. Roadmap Planning:Work with cross-functional team for prioritizing and planning the roadmap and major product releases. Use high judgement to make critical trade-offs, balancing both business requirements and technological trade-offs.
3. Requirements Definition: Develop comprehensive product plans, incorporating business requirements and roll out plans. Effectively prioritize and manage the scope of each product launch to deliver key capabilities on time and on budget.
4. Product Roll-out & Go-to-Market: Create and execute in collaboration with partner teams on go-to-market plans for new features. Monitor key performance metrics to ensure optimum performance and identify improvement opportunities.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS6+ years of experience, with at least 2 years of product / program management in building consumer & technology products
Post-graduate in Business or Tech (MBA, MS)
Experience defining market and product requirements, working with engineering organizations to rapidly deliver high-impact capabilities to market
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create compelling positioning/messaging strategy and present complex information clearly and concisely
A successful candidate will also demonstrate:
• High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously §
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
• Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
• Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary;
• Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape