Sr. Product Manager
- Seattle, WA
Want to help the Earth's most innovative company improve the way it does business? Want to be the end-to-end product owner for tools used by thousands of Amazon employees every day?
Hardlines Product is looking for a motivated, hard-working Product Manager to join our team. Our goal is to increase employee efficiency across the Consumer organization through tools that automate workflows, drive best practices, and proactively notify employees of high-value opportunities. This role will own strategy, feature development, and internal marketing for a product used daily by thousands of Amazon employees across dozens of regions and businesses. A successful candidate will be able to make data-driven prioritization decisions quickly, define clear and detailed requirements for a wide variety of use cases, and work effectively with a dedicated software development team. He or she will also have a track record of earning trust, exerting influence, and delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
• Own the long-term vision, strategy, and roadmap for major product focused on increasing employee efficiency
• Define specific requirements and user stories for dedicated software development team
• Operate with significant autonomy to define goals and deliver results
• Dive deep into operator tools and processes; identify opportunities for tooling and process improvements across the organization
• Lead business, operations, and technical stakeholders to recommend specific, actionable process and tooling improvements; work with executive leaders to drive adoption across teams
• Drive adoption and engagement for product through internal marketing and roadshows.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Mathematics, Engineering or a Supply Chain/Operations discipline.
• Minimum 6 years of relevant experience in Product or Program Management
• Must possess excellent business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done
• Strong analytical abilities and problem solving skills.
• Operates as a team player, likes to have fun at work, and has a positive attitude.
• The ability to use both formal and informal influencing skills across Amazon's cross-functional organization.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Applications. Advanced Excel required - Access and SQL/ETL preferred
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects and competing priorities in an ever changing environment
• Proven track record of delivering results in large, cross-functional initiatives
• Superior analytical and quantitative skills; ability to work with large, complex data sets and familiarity with statistics or other analytical techniques
• Strong strategic aptitude; proven ability to define metrics and a winning business strategy and gain buy-in from stakeholders at all levels
• Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems independently with an extreme attention to detail
• Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly products and customer-facing features
• Strong bias for action; ability to create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Previous experience in Retail
• SQL proficiency
• MBA preferred
Back to top