Sr. Product Manager
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. We provide customers ranging from developers to enterprises with the building block that enable them to innovate faster and to operate their software more cost-effectively. These services-in-the-cloud include on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, identity, and more.
The AWS Identity, Directory, and Access Services teams are continually innovating to build new AWS cloud features and services for identity, authentication, and authorization systems. Today, we are provide customers with Identity and Access Management (IAM) and the AWS Directory Service. Our services provide the core authentication and authorization technologies to access all AWS services (e.g., Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, and Amazon DynamoDB) and we allow customers to configure AWS to meet their individual security requirements. The team works together to provide security and identity management tools that scale massively and are globally distributed.
We are seeking a dynamic, driven Sr.Technical Product Manager to deliver new capabilities in identity and access management to our customers. We are looking for individuals passionate about helping customers operate more securely in the cloud. As a key member of a small team, you will own and drive a product roadmap and work with customers to ensure we meet their identity and access needs. As a product manager, you will be responsible for inventing on behalf of our customers and advocating for their needs through the design, build, deployment, and marketing. This position has a high level of visibility, so you will need to be able to communicate clearly and compellingly at all levels of the company. You should have a positive attitude and strong work ethic; you will work fast and smart, and adapt and iterate quickly.
- Experience building and managing business models, defining customer & market segmentation, and setting pricing
- Experience designing products and iterating through rapid product cycles
- Experience constructing messaging and managing demand generation programs
- Target of ~5 or more years software product management experience
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science (or the equivalent), or professional work experience as a software engineer is a plus
- MBA preferred but not required
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but are necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Strong results orientation
- Earns trust with project stakeholders and customers
- Thinks big
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top