Sr. Product Manager
- Tokyo, Japan
The Amazon Japan Consumer Innovation team is looking for a driven, business-centric, and strategic Sr. Product Manager Tech with a proven track record of driving step-change innovations to optimize vendor experiences within the e-commerce space. In this role, you will have end-to-end ownership of products that automate & scale retail functions, bring intense focus on improving vendor experiences across all retail product lines, and drive initiatives for long term growth for Amazon Japan. You will work with business and technical teams both in Japan and around the world.
To be successful in this role, the Sr. Product Manager Tech needs to demonstrate a unique combination of strategic, technical, and operational acumen in building, and launching products. You have experience defining the strategic vision for major features of a product, establishing a roadmap, and have a track record of successfully driving engineering teams to deliver on that vision. You understand the architecture of the systems and technologies behind your product (e.g., workflows, APIs, runtime characteristics, design limitations, and maintenance requirements). You are able to influence multiple stakeholders on technical priorities and business strategy through data-driven proposals and communicate ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, to all types of audiences including senior leadership. The PMT must also have excellent judgement in prioritizing between customer & vendor experience, business needs, technical design excellence to maximize business impact.
Vendor Systems and Experiences
• 5+ years of experience in end-to-end development of large scale, complex, and globally scalable technical products for e-commerce. Strong understanding of software development lifecycle.
• Master's Degree in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline required, or work equivalent of successfully managing and shipping highly technical products.
• Experience in designing and building scalable products in the e-commerce B2B space. Skilled at product strategy, roadmaps, and prioritization between Product and Technical teams.
• Strong experience in working with engineering teams in agile development, and project & program management.
• Ability to contribute to the technical design of a feature considering a product's performance, ability to scale, and its impact on the ability to innovate for customers in the future.
• Adept at cross-functional stakeholder management and highly effective in communications with senior or strategic partners.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Possess excellent judgement and strong attention to detail, problem solving, and a data-driven analytical approach.
• A solid grasp of the business side of technology and/or operations with an understanding and zeal for metrics and analysis to deliver on business objectives.
• Experience in Japan's B2B e-commerce industry, working with vendor, seller, and account management systems and automation
• Experience in writing efficient database queries in a large-scale business environment
• Experience working with and effectively influencing remote global product, program, and technical teams.
• Business level fluency in written and spoken Japanese.
Back to top