Sr. Product Manager
- Austin, TX
Looking for an opportunity to move fast and make a global impact? Want to help take our 'everything store' to customers and sellers in countries where there is no Amazon today? The International Expansions (IE) organization's charter is to rapidly expand Amazon's retail presence globally, partnering closely with category management, business, technology, and product teams across Amazon, to deliver the world's largest selection to customers around the globe. Within IE organization, our team's vision is to bring Amazon to customers in 150+ countries around the world and build the tools and features that enable our selling partners to go global effortlessly, as well as drive customer engagement and ensure our success in emerging regions and countries.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to drive the product roadmap and own the design, development and implementation of Amazon's core shopping experience and capabilities, in new regions and countries around the world. As a successful candidate, you will have experience managing complex business and technical challenges, and have the ability to influence and successfully drive initiatives forward. You will have a strong bias toward data driven decision making, passion for innovating and problem solving and an innate ability to understand how metrics relate to business problems and to each other.
You are able to synthesize a variety of technologies and capabilities, and translate them into tools and intelligence that solve specific pain-points. You are analytical and data driven, and are laser focused on measuring and improving the success of products you own. You are adept at working across cross-disciplinary teams, making hard choices, and ensuring complete visibility of your product to stakeholders. You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that's higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving challenging problems.
• Drive product development across teams (primarily Engineering, Operations, Product Management, Business Development, and Marketing) through business requirements, design, implementation, and deployment.
• Work with the leadership team to set strategy, define the product, and make appropriate high-judgment trade-offs between features and speed-to-launch
• Engage with service owners and partner teams to identify integration opportunities and drive product initiatives
• Anticipate bottlenecks, manage risk and escalations, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
• Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, product, and technical goals
• Make prioritization and trade-off decisions balancing the user experience, developer experience, and business value.
• Investigate issues from different sources, do root cause analysis, identify systemic gaps and ensure these gaps are addressed.
• 5+ years of experience owning and driving end-to-end complex product requirements across multiple technology teams
• A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
• Flexibility to accommodate off-hour calls with other geographies
• Understanding of systems architecture concepts and technologies (e.g., workflows, APIs, runtime characteristics, design limitations, and maintenance requirements)
• Ability to earn trust of engineers as well as product teams and stakeholders
• Able to influence technical priorities and business strategy through data-driven contributions
• Ability to investigate problems at hand, dive deep the root cause, and find systematic gaps while supporting conclusions with analytical data
• Ability to work across multiple teams to create scalable solutions to monitor business performance and interpret key performance
• Proficiency in SQL and other statistical analysis tools
• Experience in retail, supply chain, compliance, or operations highly valued
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top