Sr. Product Manager
- Seattle, WA
Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and when that box with the smile arrived, wondered how it got to you so fast? Wondered where it came from and how much it cost Amazon? If so, the Amazon Global Supply Chain Optimization organization is for you.
Watch this video to learn more about our organization, SCOT: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
Amazon's Optimal Sourcing Systems (OSS) team is looking for an experienced and motivated Senior Product Manager-Tech to manage new products and programs to improve supply availability. OSS is part of the Supply Chain Optimization Technology (SCOT) - a centralized organization that owns automated systems for demand forecasting, inventory management, sourcing, inbound optimization, Fast Track promise and order fulfillment. The OSS team works with several vendor inputs/constraints and other SCOT systems to execute a sourcing strategy, ultimately translating an optimal plan into real world execution by systematically connecting with suppliers. OSS owns and develops systems to systematically negotiate cost with vendors, determine the right inbound channel, optimize how we purchase inventory from our suppliers, and automate procurement by integrating with Vendor systems. OSS aims to maximize supply availability and optimize for total sourcing cost impact both topline and bottom line of Amazon Retail.
As a Senior Product Manager in this space, you will be responsible for inventory deal automation. As part of this you will also own Spectra - a system that is developed to automate discounted bulk buys and reverse auctions. This is a highly visible role that requires partnering with WW Retail, Finance, Operations, in-house scientists, Product Managers, and software teams, and at times directly engaging with the vendors. You will lead the product roadmap to improve supply availability (S-team goal) directly impacting Amazon's topline. You must have the experience and capability to prepare documentation for senior executives and align your roadmap with Amazon's strategic objectives. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a necessity. Successful candidates should excel at diving into data in order to analyze root causes and implement simple, long term solutions. They will thrive in a highly collaborative, creative, analytical, and fast-paced environment oriented around building the world's most flexible and effective supply chain management technology.
How do we influence suppliers to give Amazon better access to supply? How do we systematically determine supply risk and accordingly define strategies to mitigate it? How do we design and provide the right incentives/penalties for more than a hundred thousand vendors WW to drive supply chain performance? If these type of questions get your mind racing, we definitely want to hear from you.
• Bachelor's degree in CS or Engineering, or relevant work equivalent of successfully managing and delivering highly technical products.
• 5+ years of product management experience.
• Strong quantitative analysis skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to harmonize conflicting inputs from customers and create requirements that can address what they truly need.
• Ability to dive deep into complex problems to identify root causes.
• Experience with successfully managing and improving multiple programs that deliver significant business value.
• Experience defining product vision and creating initiatives and roadmap for achieving the vision.
• MBA or Master's degree in Engineering, Management, or Technology preferred
• Experience in supply chain, inventory procurement, supplier performance, or consulting
• Strong critical thinking skills with ability to challenge normal operations
• Independent and Entrepreneurial showing the ability to work with minimal direction
• Demonstrated experience incubating and commercializing new technology, working closely with research scientists and technical teams from idea generation through implementation
Back to top