Sr. Product Manager
Amazon is looking for an analytical and process oriented Senior Product Manager. Our team is changing the way we interact with customers around the globe every single day and solving big logistical challenges on behalf of customers.
You will create innovative services to improve our customer's experience and the service quality and cost structure of our operations. You will conceive, build, launch, and grow your services, continually evaluating opportunities to drive ongoing improvement activity.
You will be responsible for:
- Analyze and visualize large scale logistics and transaction data to determine user behavior or delivery process problems, and output solid analysis report with actionable recommendation.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with business teams to achieve the goal of providing actionable insights into current delivery performance, and ad hoc investigations into future improvements or innovations. This will require data gathering and manipulation, synthesis and modeling, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations.
- Strong data analysis skills and excellent with Microsoft Excel and other data analysis tools
- Partnering with key stakeholders to define product strategy
- Identify prioritization and trade-offs for speed to market, performance and features
- Maintain and manage schedule will keeping all stakeholders well informed
- Addressing barriers through problem solving and coordination with stakeholders
- Partnering with other service leaders across Logistics to identify and influence development of new products and services
- Gaining support for your strategy and roadmap from stakeholders by writing narratives and influencing peers and senior leadership
- Creating program goals and related metrics, track progress and manage through obstacles to achieve your objectives
- Measuring performance, articulating root-cause analysis and linking to specific improvement areas
- Developing user experience goals, stories and requirements that can be used to develop new products and services as well as improve existing processes
- Sharing best practices with other Amazon teams
- Develop queries and visualizations for ad-hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting.
This role will involve up to 25% of travel (i.e. 1 week per month).
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or related fields.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of analytic skills to integrate data into operational planning.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and SQL.
- Advanced understanding and experience working with data warehousing, data quality.
- Recent experience of implementing basic software solutions to automate data source, visualization and/or data modeling application.
- Customer focus and professional demeanor.
- Organizational skill and an operations mindset.
- An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment.
- A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
- Interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills.
- Interest in technology, and technology enabled features and services.
- Superior communication and analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- General manager/owner mentality and an entrepreneurial drive, prove ability to influence others.
- Insatiable will to get stuff done.
- Unrelenting tenacity.
- Experience in transportation and logistics, specifically First and/or Last Mile
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top