Sr. Product Manager
- Seattle, WA
We are looking for a driven, passionate, and talented Sr. Product Manager to join our fast paced, start-up like environment to help invent the future by supporting the launch and growth of an emerging program. You will have a high degree of ownership end-to-end as you create and scale customer acquisition programs, working cross-functionally with groups including marketing, engagement, finance, business development, site merchandising, customer support, technical execution teams, and more.
You will define, develop, optimize, and execute innovative marketing strategies in an effort to maximize demand across channels. This will include, but is not limited to, new and existing products, supporting retention efforts, segmentation initiatives, and looking around the corner to define new demand levers - all while ensuring we're optimizing for the ideal customer experience and balancing business financials.
All candidates should have experience delivering results at Amazon scale, have strong business judgment and instinct, and be capable of diving deep while thinking big. Success in this role requires that you thrive in ambiguous environments, have polished professional presence with strong ability to influence, and structure and execute impactful demand-driving initiatives. In this role, you will:
• Define and execute a robust, multi-year sales strategy to achieve customer reach and demand objectives for an emerging consumer program
• Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of high-impact promotional activities, and collaborate with cross-functional leaders to execute them
• Manage day-to-day demand-driving activities and present sales performance and growth opportunities weekly to senior leadership
• Develop and launch new sales and marketing offerings including product bundles, accessories, trials, and subscriptions
• Partner with engagement and finance to segment customers, understand purchase and usage behaviors, and develop forecasting models to project demand
• Leverage existing distribution channels and develop new partnerships in non-traditional channels to maximize reach
• Engage operational and supply chain teams to optimize product inventory across channels
• Support new product launches by defining pricing, promotional, channel, supply/demand, and international expansion strategies
• Utilize existing online sales tools and systems, and partner with technical product teams to invent new levers that drive incremental demand
• Manage both executive and working level relationships with internal and external stakeholders to drive buy-in and deliver results
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14
Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and
professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you
spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well balanced
lifeboth in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• 8+ years of post-degree demand generation/marketing experience in the technology industry/e-commerce in high-impact roles
• Experience managing multi-million dollar P&L in a consumer organization
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Creative problem-solving skills and a passion for working cross-functionally
• Superior verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with senior management
• Proven ability to influence internal and external stakeholders and build lasting, trust-based working relationships
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
• Comfort in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and demonstrated track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing projects, and delivering results in such work environments
• Experience driving sales of consumer products across variety of distribution channels
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions
• Personal passion for (and early adopter of) emerging consumer technologies; committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
• Sound business judgment that combines strong analytical thinking within a bigger picture strategic context
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top