Amazon Private Label Quality Team is looking for a smart, energetic, hard-working, and creative team player to join our Home & Lifestyle Quality team. This is an exciting and challenging position that oversees Product Quality & Compliance for important Home & Lifestyle categories. Key objective would be to ensure customer satisfaction. And successful adherence with worldwide consumer product safety requirements.
We are looking for an expert of Product Quality & Compliance who has direct experience with consumer product quality requirements & regulations, testing and compliance strategies to support our rapidly growing and evolving business.
This base location for this role is Amazon Shenzhen office.
• Ensure products continuously comply with Amazon's quality, performance, reliability, as well as relevant safety and regulatory requirements worldwide
• Implement and apply Amazon.com quality systems throughout the product life cycle
• Work with suppliers, 3rd party test labs, and internal teams for quality and compliance testing.
• Proactively drive corrective action plans in case of any test failures
• Monitor and rigorously adhere to all quality activities SLAs and ensure SLA adherence by vendors and 3rd party labs.
• Perform risk assessment to identify quality risks and set up control plans to address them
• Own consumer rating and reviews for your product categories, and proactively work with all stakeholders for resolving any quality complaints
• Strive continuously to identify innovative ways to prevent quality issues leading to improved customer reviews and ratings
• Continuously analyze existing quality processes and systems and work with cross functional teams for process improvements
• Drive scalable business solutions on product development and quality monitoring processes
• Maintain close collaboration with all internal and stakeholders, including those based in US and other worldwide amazon offices, and provide visibility through appropriate reports
• Bachelor's degree in science, engineering or related discipline
• 5+ years total experience in product development or quality management in manufacturing setup, third party test agency or sourcing office of global retailer.
• At least 2 years of the above experience should be in consumer electronics, or home textile, or home appliance
• Experienced in working with cross function teams, internal and external stakeholders
• Experienced in managing external stakeholders - vendors and third party agencies
• High analytical and problem solving skills, ability to deep dive into data to identify root causes for quality failures.
• Structured thought process, ability to analyze and improve processes
• High proficiency in written and verbal English and Mandarin
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and deliver high quality output in tight deadlines
• CQE or Six Sigma Certification or MBA would be preferred
• Proficient in Excel, Word and other common desktop software applications. Must also be comfortable learning web applications and proprietary software
• Ability to create basic SQL queries