Sr. Prod. Mgr. Tech EC2 Linux Workloads
- Seattle, WA
Are you looking for an opportunity to use your Technology, Strategy, and Product management experience to help grow the most successful cloud business in the world? Amazon EC2 is looking for a leaders to strategize and accelerate adoption of customer workloads on AWS. You will need to have deep knowledge and experience working with enterprise IT customers, infrastructure & application stacks, and Linux operating environments. You will have excellent writing skills to deliver clear and concise documents outlining the strategic, business and technical requirements to enable launching new products and services.
As a Sr. Product Manager - Technical, you think strategically and analytically about the business and technical challenges for AWS customers, and come up with innovative ideas to solve them. You have a keen sense of ownership, drive, and entrepreneurship, and most importantly, you know how to earn trust and work cross-organizationally with internal and external stakeholders including - engineering, solution architecture, services, marketing, sales, business development, and partner teams, as well as customer IT Executives, Architects, and Administrators, to deliver efficient and innovative solutions.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Develop and lead new product and service launches to enhance the customer experience for running their Linux workloads on EC2.
• Manage product and technology relationships and roadmap alignment with strategic ISV technology partners.
• Work with customer technologists and leaders to understand their pain points, identify opportunities, and brainstorm potential solutions.
• Work with Developers, Technologists, Solution Architects and other AWS Product Teams to address customer needs and deliver meaningful solutions.
• Manage product pricing and contracts with partners.
• Identify and influence GTM and other marketing activities e.g. blogs to effectively reach your target audience.
• Engage with Analyst Relations.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• BS/MS - Computer Science or Engineering
• Strong Linux Experience
• 7+ years of technical Product Management experience, working with engineering teams to develop, launching and scale technical solutions.
• Deep understanding of IT Datacenter Infrastructure, Application stacks, and Customer needs.
• Outstanding writing and communication skills
• Ability to work effectively on projects with cross functional internal and external stakeholders.
• MS in a technical field (e.g., engineering)
• Prior experience at Linux companies e.g. Red Hat, SUSE & Canonical.
• 5+ years of experience strategizing, developing and delivering new technology products and services.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top