Sr. Prod Manager- Tech
- Seattle, WA
The primary responsibilities of the Search Marketing team are to drive web site traffic, maximize channel revenue and improve customer experience.
We manage both Text and Shopping Ads on search engines and run experiments with a view to programmatically improve our ROI and find levers to grow the Amazon business. Our channel is one of the largest levers for Amazon business and new customer acquisition. We work with internal customers across all levels of the organization worldwide and enjoy the challenges and rewards of working in a fast-growing organization.
As a Product Manager-Technical, you will own defining, executing, and delivering a product roadmap that delivers a unified experience for modelers, scientists, and engineers to increase the rate of innovation on bidding technology and magnify the impact of bidding on Channel performance. This role is inherently cross-functional - you will work closely with engineering, science, modeling, operations, finance and executive teams to set strategy, launch features, drive adoption, and develop and grow business opportunities for Amazon. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, work with technical customers to identify and prioritize needs, able to effectively influence up and across the organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love.
Specifically, the Sr. Product Manager - Technical will:
• Develop deep channel insights and understanding in partnership with retail teams, other marketing channel teams, and international stakeholders
• Translate channel insights into test plans, product/feature proposals, and opportunities for optimization
• Define creative, high quality, and clear product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision.
• Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application.
• Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load.
• Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and across key partners.
• Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Math/Statistics, Economics, or a similar field
• 7+ years of professional experience. Background in technical product management positions a plus
• 3+ years of software platform or SaaS product management experience.
• Experience working on at least one of: large scale transactional systems, distributed systems, big data systems, ML tools, or cloud services.
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects.
• Experience defining multi-year product strategies and executing on associated roadmaps
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively and gather requirements across customer groups.
• Proven analytical and quantitative skills with a passion and aptitude for analysis and related tools.
• Experience in Paid Search Marketing or Online Marketing
• Master's degree Business, Math/Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or a similar field
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top