Sr. Principal Economist
- Seattle, WA
How do you manage inventory when you don't own it? How do you design and provide right incentives for millions of sellers that inbound and ship billions of customer orders? How do you optimize Amazon's third-party supply chain using new ideas never implemented at this scale to benefit millions of customers worldwide? If these type of questions get your mind racing, we want to hear from you.
Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) optimizes Amazon's global supply chain end to end and build systems to deliver billions of products to our customers' doorsteps faster every year while saving hundreds of millions of dollars using science, machine learning, and scalable distributed software on the Cloud. FBA is an Amazon service for our marketplace third party sellers, where our sellers leverage our world-class facilities and provide customers Prime delivery promise on all their goods. SCOT has launched a new team called Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) Automation & Optimization to focus on optimizing our third-party supply chain, and is in search to hire a Principal Economist.
• Strong preference for PhD in Economics
• Bachelor's degree in economics, math, computer science, engineering, finance, statistics, or a related technical field.
• Proven analytics thought leader
• Retail/marketplace/digital business experience
• 10+ years of professional experience and passion for working with large data sets plus understanding of statistical analysis, modeling techniques, data mining and business analysis.
• Ability to attack complex business questions with data; the curiosity to dive deep, identify the root cause rather than just spot the trends
• Ability to thrive in an environment that is tasked with providing data-driven decision support and business intelligence that is timely, accurate and actionable.
• Ability to effectively prioritize projects, manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously, and drive projects to completion under tight deadlines
• Experience in data mining using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets.
• Proven track record of strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams across the world.
• Ability to adapt to a quickly changing, fast-paced environment
-Doctorate degree in economics, math, finance, statistics, or a related technical field.
• Ability to think big, understand business strategy, provide consultative business analysis, and leverage technical skills to create insightful, effective BI solutions
• Programming and prototyping skills in a lower level language such as Python, Java, C++, and/or big data technologies such as Spark and Hadoop
• Experience with algorithm development, software design and analysis of computational complexity
Back to top