Sr. Pre-construction Manager - East Coast
- Manhattan, NY
Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout-you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go! Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out (JWO) Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from, or returned to the shelves, and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you're done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we'll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, JWO uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earth's most customer-centric company and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art and impacts the daily lives of our customers.
Amazon Go is seeking a Pre-Construction Manager that can effectively work cross-functionally with Landlords, internal Real Estate Team, Design, Construction, and Technology Teams. As a member of the Store Development Team, you will manage projects and programs during the pre-construction phase on this super innovative experience Amazon has undertaken. Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work effectively in a highly collaborative, start-up environment as we develop this new class of customer experiences at Earth's most customer-centric company. Our ideal candidate is insanely talented, super detail-oriented, working back from core customer needs. You consistently manage stakeholder expectations, schedules, budgets, assets and scopes because organization and attention to detail are in your DNA, and because an amazing product is made of those small details. You will work closely with operations, design, engineering and technology teams along with external partners to realize the customer-centric work Amazon is known.
You are the right person for this job if you have a strong end user focus and a passion for producing high-quality work. You must be a self-starter, creative, and a critical thinker with an intense curiosity and drive for learning. You must demonstrate the ability to efficiently plan and prioritize all deliverables and resources across multiple projects and working groups spanning design and technology. This position requires you to manage stakeholder expectations, schedules, budgets, assets and scopes-because organization and attention to detail are in your DNA. You will work closely with internal teams and external partners. You will make decisions and find solutions quickly and with confidence, and not expect someone else to show you the right way forward. You are the right person for this position if you take ownership of your work, display a great deal of initiative, possess common sense, sound judgment, and a sense of humor.
• Manage projects and effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with internal and external business partners.
• Mange projects efficiently through the pre-construction phase to ensure a timely and thorough hand off to the construction team.
• Establish pre-construction project budgets.
• Act as the single point of contact to Landlords and Developers to negotiate Work Letter and coordinate site access for design consultants.
• Review and approve Landlord's base building plans.
• Coordinate Tenant's requirements with Landlord including floor loading requirements and utility requirement.
• Review and approve Landlord's building elevations.
• Research and communicate information provided in Landlord's Tenant Handbook and/or required building criteria to the Design and Construction Teams.
• Evaluate site feasibility including truck routing plans.
• Responsible for approval of developer/landlord building envelope delivery.
• Establish effective relationships along with an understanding of municipalities and permit processes.
• Lead meetings, produce minutes, and strive for a collaborative team environment.
• Travel - ~20% travel required
• 5+ years of experience in the construction management or architecture of commercial buildings, demonstrating progressive responsibility and growth within the construction/architecture industry
• General knowledge of Building Code
• Experience developing and managing budgets
• Ability to work within an ambiguous environment and manage change
• Have strong project management experience
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
• Proficient in MS Excel, and MS Project
• Ability to lead negotiations, and manage high level meetings and discussions
• BA/BS degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management
• Experience in negotiating commercial contracts (master agreements / work letters)
• Familiarity with business process documentation and improvement
• Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to overcome obstacles and deliver results
• Provide business decision support and participate/lead special projects
• Strong organizational skills
• Self-motivated, able to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
Back to top