Sr. Practice Manager- Mainframe Modernization
- United States
Location is flexible anywhere in the contiguous United States, however access to a major airport is required for travel purposes.
Are you passionate about building and leading successful IT transformations at Fortune 100 companies or within the Public Sector? Do you love leading an enterprise Customer through a variety of projects involving IT strategy, distributed architecture implementation, and hybrid Cloud operations? Can you lead world class teams that drive breakthrough business outcomes using new IT deliver models?
AWS Professional Services is seeking a Mainframe Specialty Practice Manager who has experience working with government agencies and can lead a team of specialists across a range of disciplines. As a Mainframe Specialty Practice Manager, you will be responsible for building and managing a team of professional services consultants working with customers and partners to architect and implement innovative solutions migrating from Mainframe to Cloud. You will routinely engage with Director, VP, C-level executives and governing boards. You will be responsible for opportunity capture and driving engagement delivery. You will work closely with partner teams; drive business development initiatives through thought leadership; provide portfolio guidance and oversight; and meet and exceed customer satisfaction targets.
The ideal candidate will bring a diverse IT and/or Management Consulting background and knowledge of industry IT trends within the Public Sector space, leveraging this credibility as a strategic advisor to our customers, partners and internally across AWS.
The ideal candidate will be able to craft an innovative, forward-looking strategy while clearly outlining the investment and multi-step go-to-market plan necessary to help AWS customers lead the changes to IT strategy, policies, processes, people, governance and partnerships.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our Consultants work with Federal Government customers in a variety of locations across the US. As such, Consultants must have the ability to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed. This can vary depending on the customers supported, 30% to 50% can be typical, sometimes higher during peak times. Please check with the hiring team for more information.
• 10+ years of experience with customer-facing positions as a professional services leader. Some or all of this experience should be in a mainframe environment with one or more legacy systems such as COBOL, JCL, CICS, DB2 for z/OS, Assembler, PL/I, Java, Rexx, flat/sequential files, GDGs, or VSAM.
• 10+ years of experience with public sector providing consulting practice leadership with P&L responsibility, contracting procedures, standards and specifications
• 5+ years Public Sector project delivery experience migrating workloads from mainframe and legacy systems to distributed infrastructures on-premises or in the Cloud.
• Bachelor's degree in information technology or computer science or equivalent experience
• The ability to generate ideas for how our program offerings can make our customers more successful when migrating production enterprise applications to Public and Private Cloud.
• Experience with providing strategic, customer relationship management and consultative services in a sales or professional services environment. across internal and external organizations, including sales, solution architects and customer leadership
• Experience with cost engineering Cloud environments to ensure Customers operating at the lowest cost per Customer footprint with integrated continuous cost improvement
• Understanding large IT budgets, complex vendor relationships, and working with diverse teams to justify cloud migrations.
• Depth in various migration techniques such as rehost, refactor, re-architect, replatform, repurchase, etc.
• Experience attracting new talent, developing team capabilities, and performing people management responsibilities
• Experience with ITSM processes and ITIL, along with integration experience of Cloud solutions and services with enterprise IT Service Management systems and processes
• Master's degree in a technical discipline.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $150,000 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top